Forums Latest Members

Early 50's Omega with Anti Magnetic Cover 14k Gold Black Dial ~ Ever Hear of Plz??

1. omugaman Aug 8, 2015

Hi all , {I have this same thread / Request in the vintage section also} I recently acquired {to sell} what I believe to be a Very rare Omega 14k gold black dial winder. Very handsome
    The rarity is that it has an anti magnetic inner case/cover , 14k 33ml Swiss case with 420 Cal; winder.
    Ive lifted quite a few stones & the Only thing that crawled out was One .... same 14k case / same inner a.m. cover & 420 Cal; battered white dial. So , one other exists at least.

Does anyone have any info on these , what appears to be extremely rare models plz??
    Thanks in advance & Cheers.
    Ol Omega Rules!

Uber Rare Omega 420Cal; with Anti Magnetic Cover & 14ct Gold Case  {0}.jpg Uber Rare Omega 420Cal; with Anti Magnetic Cover & 14ct Gold Case  [3].jpg Uber Rare Omega 420Cal; with Anti Magnetic Cover & 14ct Gold Case  [5].jpg Uber Rare Omega 420Cal; with Anti Magnetic Cover & 14ct Gold Case  [5a].jpg Uber Rare Omega 420Cal; with Anti Magnetic Cover & 14ct Gold Case  [6].JPG Uber Rare Omega 420Cal; with Anti Magnetic Cover & 14ct Gold Case.JPG
  2. vinn2 Aug 8, 2015

very nice omega. id like one of those in a steel case.

3. SeanO Aug 8, 2015

Appalling redial.

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 8, 2015

Yea, sorry but that thing isn't rare, its just old and mostly rooted, the dial is an awful attempt at a repaint, the letters are comically bad.

The case is similarly quite beat up, total value is ~$80 for the movement and then whatever the melt value of the case is, which being 14K rather than 18K isn't a whole lot.

The last nail in the coffin so to speak is that its a small 33mm case, of which there are always far more seller than buyers as everyone wants the larger 34.5-35.5mm models.

apsm100 likes this.
  5. Willem023 Aug 8, 2015

Seems like a rather ugly redial to me

6. Willem023 Aug 8, 2015

oops, saw Dsio's comment too late ::facepalm1::

7. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Aug 8, 2015

Can't tell if the dial is messed up or is it the crystal. Better quality pictures would help.

All I can say is the the movement and case are Omega made and it is 14K gold.

gatorcpa

8. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Aug 8, 2015

Is that inner cover anti magnetic or just a dust cover? "Antimagnetic" is usually a steel (ferrous) cover in a steel case, I don't know if gold would do the antimag thingy well at all.

9. omugaman Aug 9, 2015

Yes , I agree that the images are poor , yet Im unable to supply better just yet.
    Some of the comments have dumbfounded me & vegred on ignorance & also aggro .... Totally Unfounded agrro I might add!

Yes the image sare poor & IF any doubt , perhaps best to engage brain & do what Gato did , reserve judgment until better pics posted.
    The watch has been inspected by at least 2 True experts & myself {who happens to make my Full Time living from Retailing vintage watches , not an expert though like sooo many.... even though im 30 years in} as well , the dial is as true as the day it was made. The images are lousy yes , BUT........
    Near no comments on anything apart from the dial , the movement # & cal: Metal anti magnetic inner cover , NOT small 33 ml SWISS case {not yank} complete with Rare yet Original dial. Doesnt get the mind wondering? not by the looks with Some.
    A few may change their opinions when better pics added , yet come to exaactly wrong conclusions & make "odd" statements like "not worth much scrap as its Only 14ct & not 18 ~ lets see , au$30.84 against au$39.65 , I would really call 14ct fold "silver value" But hey , lets not let Facts get in the way of a good "bagging" be that founded or unfounded................. are knowledge , no wonder few have it.

10. Willem023 Aug 9, 2015

Dear Omugaman, Usually, I think a reaction like yours really needs no counter-reaction. However, when you start naming very respected members of the forum (myself excluded) 'ignorant' and 'aggro', I can not resist.
    And it is a lazy Sunday afternoon.
    You post fairly poor pics and pretend not to know anything of the watch. Forum members react on that, as you asked.
    It might be that they say something that has not been established for 100%, or even not at all to you personal liking, but hey, that is what you ask for and that is what you get.
    Personally, I think that every longstanding member of this Forum (myself again excluded) has a body of knowledge on Omega watches.
    To disrespect and dismiss that in one posting is not only doing them no right, but also, you deprive yourself of a fine learning experience.
    I truly am most sorry for that.

11. Pvt-Public Aug 9, 2015

Omugaman is starting to sound like ev3rclear.

12. italy1861 Aug 9, 2015

Funny, I was thinking the same thing....

13. NT931 Aug 19, 2015

I guess we should be glad the redial doesn't say "Omuga"...

14. Wongo Aug 19, 2015

Cal 501 or the 30mm series are more collectible then the small movement. Value and rarity wise, my Cal 343 steel bumper is much more rare then yours but it only sells for around USD800 on the bay. Gold and old does not mean it is rare.
    Just like military medal, its 80 years old but not all worth as much as each other.
    Unless a better picture can be put online, I'll join the other and say the dial is a ugly redial.