Early 38mm Compur with black "sandwich" dial

Posts
990
Likes
3,202
Hi Folks,

Just found this 38mm black beauty, early Universal Watch Compur with sandwich dial and gold printing...

Some job to do on this one but what a dial!! (Plexi removed for the pics!)

Best
Florent

Edited:
 
Posts
13,906
Likes
54,078
Florent, this is just fantastic. What are your restoration plans? Stabilize or go further?
 
Posts
260
Likes
651
Hi Folk,

Just found this 38mm black beauty, early Universal Watch Compur with sandwich dial and gold printing...

Some job to do on this one but what a dial!! (Plexi removed for the pics!)

Best
Florent

View attachment 1090100
Wow, amazing piece. Who‘s casemaker 166?
 
Posts
260
Likes
651
Wow, amazing piece. Who‘s casemaker 166?
Henri Jeanneret 😀
 
Posts
3,677
Likes
8,482
Unbelievable!!! Amazing sandwich dial !!! huge congrats
 
Posts
990
Likes
3,202
Florent, this is just fantastic. What are your restoration plans? Stabilize or go further?
Thanks for your comment...
I hesitated between swap this to another collector or have it perfectly restored ... As I'm moving the tropics for two years ... I will entrust this piece to my watch guy so he can source hands, service movement, clean the case and fabric on mesure strap ...
It will take a long time but worth it I think!
 
Posts
1,116
Likes
3,942
look who arrived first! I was speaking with the seller to ask for some damn better pics when you bought it! ahah
congrats 😀
 
Posts
3,677
Likes
8,482
look who arrived first! I was speaking with the seller to ask for some damn better pics when you bought it! ahah
congrats 😀

small world, it's often the same crew after the same stuff 😉
 
Posts
13,906
Likes
54,078
Thanks for your comment...
I hesitated between swap this to another collector or have it perfectly restored ... As I'm moving the tropics for two years ... I will entrust this piece to my watch guy so he can source hands, service movement, clean the case and fabric on mesure strap ...
It will take a long time but worth it I think!
Were it me, I’d do the same. Can’t wait to see the end result. Lovely and historic piece.
Edited: