Forums Latest Members

Early-2014 Philadelphia GTG at Omega Boutique King of Prussia

1. Shem Jan 21, 2014

ATTENTION!
    The GTG date is officially set at Saturday, March 8th from 6:30pm to 8:30pm at the Omega Boutique in the King of Prussia Mall. Please invite as many watch enthusiasts as you can so we get the best possible turnout! The theme for this GTG is rare and unusual Omegas, whether modern or vintage. The Boutique is hoping to get some unusual modern pieces in for the event, and we hope attendees will bring their own unusual Omegas!

--------
    Greetings!

This is cross-posted on Watchuseek Omega Forum and here for maximum exposure!

I'd like to organize next Philadelphia GTG to be held at the Omega Boutique in King of Prussia. The last one in November was a great success -- we had a good turnout and a lot of fun! You can see the discussion and some great photos from the last one in the "Philadelphia GTG" sticky on the WUS Omega Forum.

The Boutique really did a fantastic job hosting the last get-together, and I think the staff had just as much fun as we did. I've spoken with the Boutique Manager of the KoP Boutique who has graciously and generously agreed to host the GTG again. First, though, we need to decide on a date that the most people can attend...

I'd like to shoot for early March if that works for people, and the consensus for the last GTG was that Saturday was best for the most people. If you're in (or can get to) the Philadelphia area on any of these dates and would like to attend the GTG, cast your vote! Hopefully we can pick a date that many people can make and have another great turnout.

Please vote for all the days you could possibly attend so that we can pick one that works best for the most people.

If you can't make it on any of these dates but would otherwise be interested in attending, please post in the thread -- if enough people feel strongly that it should be a different day of the week or calendar date, we can always change it. This is just to get the ball rolling.

Potential dates -- vote for as many as you can make:
    • Saturday, March 1st (Evening)
    • Saturday, March 8th (Evening)
    • Saturday, March 15th (Evening)
    • None of the above!

2. ulackfocus Jan 21, 2014

I can't attend any Saturday events because I work. A Sunday evening event, maybe starting at 6 PM or later, is another story.

3. ulackfocus Jan 23, 2014

4. ctime3 Jan 30, 2014

Thanks for the post 8th or the 15th work for me.

5. Shem Jan 30, 2014

It looks like the date is congealing around Saturday, March 8th given the feedback on WUS and talking to Tania, so I'd suggest we pick that one unless a whole host of people suddenly start posting that they want to come but can't make that date. :p And sorry Dennis! I wish you could come on a Saturday. Sunday night won't work for this particular GTG since it's being (generously) hosted by the Omega Boutique in King of Prussia. Perhaps we can do another one in a different location sometime soon...maybe a NJ one like we talked about before?

6. ctime3 Jan 30, 2014

Thank you Shem, I thank you. I will be there. Should we all bring a bottle of wine or anything else?

Charlie

7. Shem Jan 30, 2014

Charlie, there IS actually something you should bring if you can, but it's not wine -- the Boutique will be providing plenty of free drinks and appetizers. Instead, if you have any rare or unusual Omegas, bring those! I think the theme is going to be unusual watches for this one, and Tania's going to try to get some things in that we don't usually see. ;)

8. ulackfocus Jan 30, 2014

Funny, I think that's the 1 year anniversary of when I bought my AT.

Let me check…….

Nope, March 8th is the date I bought the Breitling 6 years ago. Got the Aqua Terra on March 3rd.

9. ctime3 Jan 30, 2014

Thanks boss. I just have my grandfathers Waltham pocket watch besides my modern omega's

10. Shem Feb 9, 2014

ATTENTION!
    The GTG date is officially set at Saturday, March 8th from 6:30pm to 8:30pm at the Omega Boutique in the King of Prussia Mall. Please invite as many watch enthusiasts as you can so we get the best possible turnout! The theme for this GTG is rare and unusual Omegas, whether modern or vintage. The Boutique is hoping to get some unusual modern pieces in for the event, and we hope attendees will bring their own unusual Omegas!

11. Shem Feb 18, 2014

Bumping this for visibility. Let's get as many people as possible to come!

12. Shem Mar 3, 2014

The GTG is this Saturday. Please come if you can, and bring your rare or unusual Omegas!