Forums Latest Members

Early 2000s Omega speedmaster luminova

1. Oberto Mar 8, 2016

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum so this may have been discussed already. I recently purchased a speedmaster from early 2000 from a reputable dealer who I have made transactions with before.
    It is in great condition, bit polished but everything appeared correct until I took out my loupe and started inspecting the dial. Dial seems to be in a great condition except for the luminova on indexes.
    The 'painting' for the luminova seemed imperfect under the loupe...they looked lobsided and not evenly painted. Even the two dots at the top are not completely centered. My dealer says that this could happen since the watch is about 15 years old and omega watches may not have perfectly done luminova under the loupe. I really cant tell unless I take a closer look with the loupe but I dont want a relumed luminova.
    Some threads that i read mentions that luminovas once dried up, change in shape...
    Omega watchmaker told me that he cant tell the difference between an original lume and relumed dial so no point of taking it to the service center.
    Anything that i can do to verify the lumes authenticity? Or are your lumed also imperfect under a close inspection with loupe?

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    Edited Mar 8, 2016