Forums Latest Members

FS Early 1960s Seamaster Black Dial

1. speedbird Jul 7, 2016

Up for sale is a nice Seamaster black dial with a nice patina. Red 166.009 with a cal 562 movement. The watch is 34mm with 18mm lugs.

It was serviced this year. The other half has been wearing it ever since.

The crown is original, as are the hands. There is a scratch on the case back that I've photographed and there is a tiny crack in the crystal near the date cyclops. Replacements are still available from ofrei and they're around thirty dollars if I remember correctly.

I've had the watch for a couple days to make sure it's keeping time. Nothing seems unusual to me, it was recently serviced.

The dial patina is pretty darn stunning. It looks very sparkly and catches the light. I'm selling it because the other half would like a Quartz. I know, sad! If this doesn't sell, I'm all too glad to just keep it for myself.

I paid $650 so that's what I'm asking. Im way down on it since I paid for the service, but I think that's a fair price. I'll cover shipping in the CONUS.

The pics are all mine except for the macro shot of the crystal. That's from the guy I bought it from. He had a macro lens and sadly I don't.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ezurcc, rupertthebear, jagwah and 3 others like this.
  2. speedbird Aug 31, 2016

Up

3. speedbird Sep 6, 2016

Up

4. speedbird Sep 6, 2016

Also willing to trade for modern omega +cash