Forums Latest Members

e-Moonwatch Only: the electronic Speedmaster identification guide

1. speedy4ever Moonwatch Only Author Jul 3, 2017

Dear friends,

We know that you love our Moonwatch Only book and we are very grateful for your support.

Summer is here and we hope you will spend a few days / weeks on vacation. Some of you will possibly bring Moonwatch Only in their luggage, but it’s not so easy to carry its 3.5 kilos in particular situations such as travelling or hunting for vintage Speedmasters.

We quickly became aware of this situation and worked on a friendly and innovative mobile solution. Today we are happy to announce the launch of

e-MOONWATCH ONLY – the Speedmaster Identification Guide

the perfect electronic complement to MOONWATCH ONLY.

In this mobile guide, you won’t find all the details or historical information that we have gathered into the original MOONWATCH ONLY book. Its focus is in a different direction: towards model identification, which is a key factor when searching for a Speedmaster.

This guide is composed of four main chapters:

· You will find a unique and user-friendly IDENTIFICATION PROGRAM, which allows you to identify any model from the standard production;

· All standard COMPONENTS from 1957 to modern day with high-resolution photos are presented;

· Furthermore, you will be able to discover the whole production of Speedmasters MODELS, with high-resolution photos;

· Exhaustive summary TABLES are available at the end of the guide.

Check out our website for more information and screenshots.

Available to buy from the iBooks store on your Mac, iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.

Toishome, Timmert, t_swiss_t and 6 others like this.
  2. Maganator Jul 3, 2017

I take it that even if you have paid for the hard copy you have to pay again for the electronic version? I can't see it mentioned

DrFirlefanz likes this.
  3. Maitreyoda007 Jul 3, 2017

Good Idea!

4. Mr Gadget Jul 3, 2017

It seems you have to pay again.

$32.99

5. Mr Gadget Jul 3, 2017

It is a bit step when you have just forked out £250 for the book

6. Maitreyoda007 Jul 3, 2017

May be a discount is possible with the barcode of the book?:cool:

7. Kmart Jul 3, 2017

I think $33 is a small price to pay for having access to this info while traveling... presumably you could save much more than that if you happened across a Speedy and were able to purchase it on the spot with confidence.

Lonestar and speedy4ever like this.
  8. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jul 3, 2017

Looks very cool!

Any other platforms being considered? Something for Android maybe?

9. speedy4ever Moonwatch Only Author Jul 3, 2017

Your comment is legitimate, but sorry we do not give discounts (Apple already takes 30% + VAT), for several reasons. One of them, as pointed out by Kmart, we think that a discount of let's say 15$, corresponding to 0.3% of the average value of a Speedmaster would not be significant to Speedmaster collectors, especially when you are at a vintage dealer, hesitating if the bezel or the dial is the correct one. Furthermore, technically time consuming to setup this.

10. speedy4ever Moonwatch Only Author Jul 3, 2017

We would love to, but unfortunately there is no equivalent tool for Android to build such an app-like product and no iBooks app available for Android. Let's hope one day...

oddboy likes this.
  11. Nathan1967 Jul 3, 2017

I've downloaded mine this afternoon, it's a really useful and very comprehensive tool which is a great value add to MWO.

I think we now have a really great mobile toolkit to aid identification, speed up verification and enable decision making. Via the following:-

Speedmaster101
    Ilovemyspeedmaster
    Moonwatchonly "app"

Well done guys!

Nathan

JMH76, BartH, eugeneandresson and 4 others like this.
  12. td69 Jul 3, 2017

Kudos to you. Will you make it compatible to Kindle?

13. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Jul 3, 2017

Call me old-fashioned but I prefer the hard copy paper book ::book::

eugeneandresson likes this.
  14. speedy4ever Moonwatch Only Author Jul 3, 2017

same issue Android / kindle: the format is not compatible with our app-design and ibooks is available only to the mac world

td69 likes this.
  15. Bienne2998 Jul 3, 2017

Thanx Greg for the effort. Really cool! I was hoping for this quite some time...
    I bought the first version of the book, I bought the second version of the book....
    ...and I bought the e-Book - these resources are worth every cent.

p.s. I also appreciate the work behind Speedmaster101 and Ilovemyspeedmaster - it's cool, that there are some enthusiasts who do this as a hobby and share their research with the community freely.

JMH76 and Andy K like this.
  16. Texasjohn Jul 3, 2017

got mine! its nice to pull it up on my phone.

speedy4ever likes this.
  17. Andy K Dreaming about winning an OFfie one day. Jul 3, 2017

Got mine as well, the identification program is KILLER! A seriously practical tool for identifying a Speedy by features in seconds. Bravo Gregoire & Anthony! :thumbsup:

speedy4ever likes this.
  18. speedy4ever Moonwatch Only Author Jul 4, 2017

Thank you Andy!! Have fun, that's the other usage of e-MWO.

19. kov Trüffelschwein. Jul 4, 2017

Congratulations Greg and Anthony - another important milestone for you ! A very useful resource, especially when on the road.

Keep on the great work :thumbsup:

::popcorn::

The price of this e-book is about 100x lower than an average Speedmaster described in it. ::screwloose::

Take a pic of every page of the book you just bought and you got your free of charge alternative. Like with open source software - you might lack some features, it might be less user friendly, but you got your way to go... :D

Edited Jul 4, 2017
    speedy4ever and ekel like this.
  20. Igora Jul 4, 2017

what about android version?