Forums Latest Members
  1. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jan 1, 2017

I'm visiting my son and the family, which includes George the cat.

They have a Dyson Animal V6 Stick vac, which is OK for doing normal stuff.

However! If you suck up wet cat litter by mistake, it all goes into the interior of the cyclones and is never seen again.
    But you know it's there, because when you turn it on the funk smell expelled by the vac is a smell to behold.

They'd tried wiping it out, car freshener etc but couldn't get rid of the smell and the performance was sub-standard.

So, feeling at a loss with nothing to tinker with, I decided to see what makes a Dyson tick. After some eyeballing, followed by removing/twisting/pulling/unscrewing I ended up with all the parts in a bucket of hot soapy water. A good scrub and then into the sun to dry completely.

Dyson 1.jpg

Putting it all back together was about as simple as doing a Seiko 7S26, even more so when helped by liquid confidence!

Dyson2.jpg

So my tinkering urge is sated for the day, maybe another ale though.

ahartfie, Flingit1200s, jsaen and 8 others like this.
  2. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jan 1, 2017

If you ever find yourself in canberra with nothing to do, let me know! I'll provide a Dyson and a few beers!

JimInOz likes this.
  3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jan 1, 2017

And a HAZMAT suit :D

DysonPreClean.jpg

RegF likes this.
  4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 1, 2017

Ever see what a roomba does when it hits a large hairball? It was so proud of the mess it made it happily stopped in the middle of the mess blinking merrily in an error state of bliss. It apparently was glad it had thrown off its shackles of forced cleaning.

LawBrk and Jwit like this.
  5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jan 1, 2017

I saw the Youtube clip where the roomba went through the dog poop, and kept on going. And going. And going.

:eek:

kingsrider, Jwit and STANDY like this.
  6. ulackfocus Jan 1, 2017

7. SpeedyAV Jan 1, 2017

I've been searching for a Dysonmaker for quite some time. How much do you charge for a full service and what is your current turn-around time? ;)

Jwit likes this.
  8. jimmyd13 Jan 1, 2017

OK ... I watched that and the only thing that struck me is ... wtf is a "digital motor"? The only thing that makes sense is that it is operated by a finger, because even a pulsed or switch mode power supply can't be described as being digital in the numerical sense of the word. You might as well call a single cylinder engine "digital" if you're trying to apply a binary concept to the operation of an engine or motor.

ahartfie likes this.
  9. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Jan 1, 2017

Hey Jim, when it becomes tomorrow in OZ can you tell me who wins the Rose Bowl ?. I need to place a bet.

Happy New Year to you ALL here at the forum.

Jwit, JimInOz and ulackfocus like this.
  10. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass Jan 1, 2017

Awesome work. I got a Dyson at a flea market for free...had some funk and didn't work.

I took it apart, cleaned it, ordered a $40 part, and voila, had a pefect Dyson. Sold on CL for $150.

11. proximal Jan 2, 2017

I tried to use a Dyson Ball vacuum once. But it turns out it's for carpets. Kind of a misleading name, IMO.

ahartfie, dialstatic, Jwit and 3 others like this.
  12. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Jan 2, 2017

The is a rather stimulating doctor's thesis (in German) on the web on cases where men suffered injuries on their private parts after vacuuming them.

Most were doing household chores naked and fell awkwardly on the device, so you might want to take some extra care here... :thumbsup:

13. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Jan 2, 2017

14. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Jan 2, 2017

I read the title of this thread thinking "Hmmm thus is probably some crazy Australian Holiday"

proximal likes this.
  15. Flingit1200s Jan 2, 2017

Looks like it came apart fairly easily. Mrs Fling tried to shred a 2x4 stud in our paper shredder. It was jammed to h*ll. They build shredders so that you must break them to take them apart. Basically had to use different types of pics to free the jam. No pics and no proof......

John