Forums Latest Members
  1. dkpw Feb 21, 2013

Members may like to see a shot I took several years ago of a rather splendid Dynamic worn by an ex-work colleague. I believe this is model number ST165.039 dating from the late 60s, although if any more knowledgeable members could confirm that, I'd be most grateful.

[​IMG]

I've not seen too many other dynamics, dateless and with that earthy, orange and beige colour scheme, as Dynamics with shades of blue and grey seem to be more prevalent. I prefer the above clean dial (without day or date) and those colours. All I can tell you about the watch is that my ex-colleague was given it by his father who enjoyed repairing and refurbishing "old" watches, particularly Omegas and particularly Dynamics. His son is a graphic designer, but not a WIS, who loved it for it's retro and chic appearance. Good taste always shows.

2. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 21, 2013

Very nice. It does look like a 1st generation Dynamic, which as you say are ref 165.039, and came out in 1969. It should have a cal 552 movement as it has no date function.

These are very cool ;)

3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Feb 21, 2013

It's a hand wind so it should be a 135.033, cal 601.

SpikiSpikester likes this.
  4. ulackfocus Feb 21, 2013

Bingo - 1 for a man's watch, 3 for manual wind center sweep seconds, 5 for water resistant without date. If it were automatic it would be a 6 instead of the 3.

5. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 22, 2013

As it doesn't say automatic on the dial ? Cant believe I didn't see that :(

6. dkpw Feb 22, 2013

Thank you all for the discussion, and for clarifying what model and cal it is. The owner's father apparently had several Dynamics in pieces and others complete. Sadly he longer works in the company so I've not seen it for a while.