Forums Latest Members
  1. plungefrog Jul 30, 2014

Greetings all,

Any opinions on this Dynamic please? The case looks to have been refinished but I'm not 100% sure on that. What does puzzle me is the dial -it has the 'T Swiss Made T' script but the dial has no lume dots -or are the inserts on the batons luminous? The other Dynamics I have seen with the 'T-T' script all have lume dots. Thoughts please?

[​IMG]

2. Lex4TDI4Life Jul 30, 2014

Not a big fan of the wear on the dial. I think the inserts of the hour markers themselves are lumed, hence the T's. All in all, I think you can do better.

3. Icaras Jul 30, 2014

The hands and hour index should be the ones with tritium lume. I think the hands has been refinished (should be as yellowish as the hour markers), take it to a dark place to see if it differs :)

Hard to rate the case and bracelet.

4. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 18, 2014

Case looks to have been refinished, without a lapping machine. There are at least 8 blemishes/defects on the dial, so that's a problem. As said already, the hands are suspiciously white & the -T- marks are correct.

Icaras likes this.
  5. Willard Dynamic Mar 16, 2015

Along the same note I'm beginning to have concerns the dial on a Dynamic I bought recently has been refinished. I welcome all opinion, commentary, and argument. I can tell you this watch was overhauled. They replaced everything with genuine Omega parts including the hands, crystal, and crown. The case was sanded and a brushed finish applied which is very sad and the hands are the incorrect color. The silver dial is now a satin silver and has a very nice patina, if real. The creamy silver is how a couple of my other vintage watches with silver dials looks but it's almost to the point of being fake. The only detail convincing me its original is the color of the lume on the dial matches the aged color of the lume on the hands which are new but NOS so they should have an aged look. Anyway let me know please.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg