Forums Latest Members
  1. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 30, 2013

I recall a thread on here some time ago talking about bracelets for the Dynamic models. I think there were some aftermarket versions out there, and they were being compared to the original bracelets.

Well I'm working on another Dynamic, and the client has asked for a bracelet for it, so I did some digging on the Omega Extranet. After some questions to Omega in Switzerland to confirm exactly what was needed, this arrived last week:

[​IMG]

The bracelet, Dynamic ring, and spring bars needed to make one for a Dynamic. Here it is assembled:

[​IMG]

And with the watch head in place (note still have to change the crystal, and do the final trim on the stem on this one):

[​IMG]

And yes, I have corrected the head orientation - it's a little off in this photo. So Omega still does supply these, and also the straps and buckles for the Dynamics. I will say though, the bracelet isn't cheap!!

Anyway, just an FYI if anyone is thinking they want a new one.

Cheers, Al

Northernman likes this.
  2. dragoman Sep 30, 2013

Yes, I can confirm there are loads of aftermarket bracelets that some vendors try to pass as genuine.

I was able to return one (after being told by the seller that I couldn't tell a real one from a fake) for which I had paid over 100 euros. Frankly, I had no idea that it was possible to source the real mccoy from Omega.

Aftermarket ones does not look terribly, but they do feel cheap.

And they have a different looking clasp.

3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 30, 2013

Well if anyone wants any dimensions off this one, let me know. I recall there being something about the thickness of the ring that was used to determine if it was a fake.

I'll have this watch for a while so if you need any information, let me know.

Cheers, Al