Forums Latest Members
  1. Lex4TDI4Life Jan 7, 2013

So, in anticipation of the arrival of my minty fresh Geneve Dynamic, I have been researching my bracelet options. As far as I can tell, one of two bracelets ended up on these bad boys: 1153/138 or 1181/215. Of course, the correct adapter ring will have to be obtained as well. I have seen some options out there and was hoping to get the community's opinion on authenticity.

Examples of 1153/138 bracelets:

1. This one is clearly a knock-off. How does their listing not get pulled for trademark infringement?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stainless-S...174772272?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item337f0b3230Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

2. This one has more authentic trappings, but the raised Ω on the clasp has me wondering.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/OMEGA-DYNAM...852522380?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item4d0858d98cPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

3. This looks like the real deal, but from Thailand and at this price, I am skeptical:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-22MM-O...256?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item416e29c080Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Aside from these, does anyone know of other bracelet options? It appears that the Dynamic adapter ring takes care of finding appropriate end links.

2. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 7, 2013

If you're in the US try Ofrei, although the Omega bracelet is really expensive: http://www.ofrei.com/page358.html#12864

As for the ones you've picked out:

1. No comment !

2. I have 2 Dynamic bracelets & one has the raised logo on the clasp. I wouldn't read too much into that, as so many of these watches were sold that variations do exist.

3. Wouldn't touch it. It looks like an 1158 clasp has been fitted to a completely different bracelet, possibly an 1170.

3. Lex4TDI4Life Jan 7, 2013

I think I will skip Ofrei for the moment as a brand new bracelet would be more than half the value of one of my new acquisitions :D

It is good to know, however that 1317/378 is a viable option.

I rather like this one as well: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Omega-Brace...072?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2579439c88Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    According to Ofrei, the last link is 9.32 mm, a hair larger than 1317. I might roll the dice and get the adapter ring separately....

4. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 7, 2013

That Dutch one looks legit. If you have a wrist over 7.25 inches you'll need an extra link on it though.

5. Lex4TDI4Life Jan 7, 2013

Good to know! Looks like I will need an extra :)

6. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 7, 2013

I had trouble finding original links, but there is a guy in the US on eBay that seems to make them. They're well made and blend into the bracelet nicely. He describes them as NOS I think...

7. Lex4TDI4Life Jan 7, 2013

Would the "OME-114ST1181" links for Ofrei work? Or does the 1181 in the name have nothing to do with the original bracelet?

8. Mathlar Mar 16, 2013

Did you manage to find any concrete evidence that Dynamics ever originally shipped on 1181/215s? They were definitely shipped on f300s, although I've also seen pictures of Geneves with integrated bracelets, where the owners say the bracelet is original. Watchco listed their NOS 1181 as Dynamic bracelets.

The ebayseller retro-watches has a considerable supply of 1181s it seems and has been selling them continuously for a few months:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gents-197...=WDVW&rd=1&ih=019&category=31387&cmd=ViewItemPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

I bought one late last year and from the feel it seems to be authentic (i.e. typical 70s tinny, hollow-linked bracelet). What do people think?

9. Lex4TDI4Life Mar 16, 2013

I have both a 1153 and a 1181 now. Both fit, but I am still not sure if the 1181 is legit. Will post pics shortly.

10. Mathlar Jul 10, 2013

Are you able to compare and contrast the two bracelets with some pics please? Still keen to find out how your 1181 looks...

11. Lex4TDI4Life Jul 10, 2013

Wow, totaly forgot about this. I will snap some pics today. Promise!

12. Lex4TDI4Life Jul 10, 2013

So I spoke too soon before. They are both 1181 bracelets with some different attributes. In the pics below, the item on the left is the older, known-to-be-authentic bracelet. The one on the right is the "NOS" one which may or may not be legit:

[​IMG]

Authentic:
    [​IMG]

"NOS":
    [​IMG]

Authentic clasp back:
    [​IMG]

"NOS" clasp back:
    [​IMG]

Clasp fronts side by side:
    [​IMG]

Authentic end link:
    [​IMG]

"NOS" end link. Note the little notch to manipulate a spring bar:
    [​IMG]

Retainer rings. The top one is the "NOS". It is slightly thicker.
    [​IMG]

And a gratuitous side-by-side of the watches they live on:
    [​IMG]

Ken G, Spacefruit and Mathlar like this.
  13. Mathlar Jul 11, 2013

Your "NOS" example matches exactly what I have, and those being sold by the ebay seller I mentioned above. He has been selling these continuously for the best part of a year now, at one to two per week.

He's also got a web store at www.retro-watches.co.uk (pre-dating his move to ebay). On there he was selling NOS 1181/215 bracelets for the 198.044 case ref, although they lacked buckles. The difference in end links on our "NOS" examples is I suspect because they were originally destined as integrated bracelets for 70's Geneves/Cosmics/f300s.

So at best what I think we've got is an original NOS bracelet meant for those integrated cases, plus an aftermarket retainer ring. I also wonder if the buckle is one of the ones listed on his website and is also suspect. At worst, they're rolling off a production line in China, but we always knew that.

And then again, who knows what combinations of bracelet parts and suppliers Omega might have shipped as they continued to push leftover Dynamics and the offshoot De Villes well into the 80s....

14. Lex4TDI4Life Jul 11, 2013

Yeah, I kind figured the new one was made of Chineseum, but took a gamble. It actually feels pretty solid and substantial. I also like the lightness of these bracelets - fits in with the ergono-centeredness of the Dynamic.