Forums Latest Members

Dugena Diver Valjoux 7733 - Realistic price?

1. Passover Jun 4, 2018

Hi,
    not yet familiar with chronos, how about this one?
    Looks OK for me, are there any visible issues (Bezel faded)?
    Auctions starts at 520€, what do you think would be a realistic price for this one or this that already above market price?

Thanks for looking and your assistance, take care!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

tikkathree and Speedmasterfan88 like this.
  2. Radiumpassion Jun 4, 2018

I think 520€ is more than enough for this.

3. JimJupiter Jun 4, 2018

Its the same watch as the Bulova 666 chronograph just with a Dugena dial. If you ask me, the watch will go higher than the 520€.

Nico

4. Passover Jun 4, 2018

More opinions on this one? :)

5. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Jun 4, 2018

Nice watch, but the bezel condition is likely to make the starting price about the top-end. With a better bezel, it would likely go higher.

GuiltyBoomerang and tikkathree like this.
  6. tikkathree Jun 4, 2018

7733 movement watches have been tippy-toe'ing slowly uphill in a brand/fashion-dependent way and there seem to be dials which demand money and dials which don't capture as much buyer interest. The movement's the same, the cases, in me 'umble experience, are often indistinguishable from one dial brand to another. This case looks clean and the pushers and crown haven't visibly lost any plating which is good. Is the movement original to the case? Who can tell. Is the dial original to the case/movement? Or the case back? Similarly impossible to tell.
    If you can get your hands on it try the pushers, the lower one does reset to zero and if out of adjustment will be as stiff as anything. The sweep second and elapsed minute subdial must snap cleanly back to zero and starting the chrono must move the chrono hands correctly. A serviced or a NOS movement is worth more than something "could do with a service"
    I'd no more test the WR on this than I would drop a watch out of the bedroom window.
    Have a browse on EBay for 7733 watch Dugena: notice how prices are all over the place? Now select sold & completed listings and see what happens.Prices variable, repeat listings of the same watch yadayada.
    Good luck with it - it could all be fine!

GuiltyBoomerang likes this.
  7. roryoc11 Jun 4, 2018

I tend to agree that 520 is around enough for this one, is this ebay or an auction house with comission? In my experience, most of these models, regardless of the name on the dial, can have a really nice faded bezel. I personally would hold out if you like the watch for a nice one and if you would buy because it could be a good deal I think the opening price disqualifies that!. I was too slow to pull the trigger on a genuine NOS one for 600 on Ebay a few months ago, but even that hung around for a day.

8. Passover Jun 5, 2018

Hi thanks to everyone, I really appreciate your input! :)

9. Dan S Jun 5, 2018

Agreed, I wouldn't pay much more than the starting price. Sellers are trying to push prices up on these 773x chronographs, but when you see a no-reserve auction, the price doesn't go very high unless there is a desirable brand name, or at least something special about the design.

10. Passover Jun 6, 2018

Just to let you know, auction ended without any bids..

11. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jun 6, 2018

660 ft depth rating non screw down pushers made then?

::popcorn::

12. GuiltyBoomerang Jun 6, 2018

Chronographs are creeping up in price, no matter what movement, and especially if it has a diving bezel/is in a diver style.

520 Euros does sound on the high side though.