Forums Latest Members

DuBois et fils Edition No. 28 Automatik-Chronograph

1. FMITPF Mar 13, 2020

Edited Apr 8, 2020
    ConElPueblo and khmt2 like this.
  2. stuart70 Mar 14, 2020

Hi,
    From what I can make out they were/ are a small producer. They usually bought in movements and made limited edition / runs. I have seen examples with El Primero movements as well as ETA. I tend to feel they are of better quality than the usual small producer. Recently the company was taken over / sold and is making very limited production watches with a focus on the luxury sector.
    It is one of those brands where you can get a lot of bang for your buck on a budget.

3. stuart70 Mar 14, 2020

The family (Du Bois) sold the company in 2010 and it re-launched in 2013 with a crowdfunding project. Hence the change in direction.

The watch does not look like it is in bad shape a service and new glass will give you a nice family heirloom. The value is in the story more than anything else. Many on the forum ,including myself, would love to have a watch that was handed down to them. With a standard ETA 7751 servicing should always be ok. Overall a good wearable watch, I would say wear it and enjoy.
    If you are looking for a value eBay usually has a few for sale, that will give you a guide. It would depend if it was gold or gold plated. If the caseback is steel then it more than likely gold plated.