Forums Latest Members
  1. Rahkshi007 Jan 28, 2016

Hi guys, I am planning to purchase my 1st ever omega watch which is the dark side of the moon bundle with the ceramic deployment claps.

I was wondering does any oem omega rubber strap or even aftermarket rubber strap that can use together with the ceramic deployment claps. I was living in tropical country it would be better if my DSOTM can combo with rubber strap.

savio.79 and meganfox17 like this.
  2. yinzerniner Jan 28, 2016

The only 21mm OEM Omega straps in 21mm are the ones made for the Aqua Terra Choronograph, and I highly doubt they're compatible with the SOTM series case. The ends of the lugs are fitted/curved and are designed for the specific case shape and lug hole placement of the AT Chrono.
    As for aftermarket, definitely not.
    An Isofrane can probably be squeezed and/or cut down a bit to fit into the lugs, but can't be used with the ceramic deploy clasp. Your best bet is probably a Nato strap, as it will stay cooler than a regular leather-lined strap.

3. jcmartinez98 Jan 28, 2016

there are a couple of 20mm black rubber straps that would work. i considered this at the boutique when i first got my DSOM and they looked and felt great. i don't remember which they were, but one of them may have been the speedmaster racing, and one of them for sure was the black rubber strap that comes with the HB-SIA GMT:

[​IMG]

4. chickenman26 Jan 28, 2016

Speedy racing straps are 19mm with 18mm clasp.

5. Rahkshi007 Jan 28, 2016

The HB-SIA GMT strap look nice, does it fit nicely on the DSOTM ?

meganfox17 likes this.
  6. jcmartinez98 Jan 28, 2016

Im almost certain that was the one they put on it for me- and it was great

Check with a boutique to be sure before buying

7. Gsa Feb 1, 2016

8. gttime Feb 4, 2016

They are both the same case so fit should be perfect and since there is some confusion in this thread the lug width for all 44.25 Speedmasters including the HB-SIA GMT and the xSOTMs is 21mm.

jcmartinez98 likes this.
  9. anselmw Feb 5, 2016

[​IMG]

2nd one from right is oem 21mm rubber strap that fits and uses the regular or ceramic deployant.

meganfox17 and Exarkun12 like this.
  10. jcmartinez98 Feb 5, 2016

Whoa! Did you get ALL the new DSOM straps?!

11. anselmw Feb 5, 2016

Bought the two in the right from yinzerniner last year and the others even earlier. I like trying different oem straps. The one I have on the watch now is the deployant cordura one. Seems like the strap it should have originally come with. Now I need to pick up the ceramic deployant.

Exarkun12 and jcmartinez98 like this.
  12. jcmartinez98 Feb 6, 2016

I have the Cordura and ceramic deployant incoming. Should arrive Tuesday.
    Which DSOM does the rubber oem come on? Pitch black?

13. anselmw Feb 6, 2016

Rubber oem comes from an aquaterra and the other Croc is from the regular steel speedmaster

14. jcmartinez98 Feb 6, 2016

If I get one more strap for the DS it will be the croc that comes on the Sedna black

Is that the one you have far left?

15. anselmw Feb 6, 2016

Yes that is sends black one

16. Rahkshi007 Feb 20, 2016

Hi all, finally i got my omega DSOTM with ceramic deployment claps. I got free leather strap from DSOTM Sedna Black. Second pic is it with aftermarket rubber strap.. I need to start searching rubber strap that can fit the ceramic deployment claps.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. meganfox17 Feb 21, 2016

Hi Rahkshi007

Always admired the DSoTM but i cannot afford one ... Sigh.. Hmm
    I notice you are wearing the DSoTM together with a Bracelet Tag.
    Is the Tag made of pewter or Stainless Steel ? Pewter is Non Magnetic made of Tin ~70% + traces of nickel copper antimony silver so NO influence on the 9300 calibre Silicon balance spring .........
    But if the tag is just basic stainless steel ( Steel + chromium ) then it has Magnetic properties. If Nickel is added to basic stainless steel then it renders it Non Magnetic. My Question is Shouldnt You be Concern about the long term effects of Magnetism on the DSoTM if the Tag bracelet is actually a nickel free Stainless steel .....?

18. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 21, 2016

The magnetic effect of a piece of metal whatever type will have no effect.

A magnet that size yes.

Also there is several types of metal that make up a watch movement to start with...

meganfox17 likes this.
  19. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 21, 2016

I could have sworn that watch was already anti magnetic.

20. Rahkshi007 Feb 21, 2016

Hi, I was told by the sale-person the tag was made from silver.. If not mistaken 9300 is famous of its anti magnetic tech, next to the Master Co-axial...

meganfox17 likes this.