Forums Latest Members
  1. nokaoi1 Aug 26, 2018

In the market for the OG and trying to decide on deployant vs buckle. What are the pros and cons of each? Is it just me or does the deployant look bulky compared to the buckle? Dropping the watch is not an issue in deciding either. My wrist on the small side at about 6.5 inches if that matters! Thinking of looks and comfortability.

photo-9-2.jpg Unknown-3-2.jpg

2. ext1 Aug 26, 2018

Pros- yes, I would say buckle has a smaller profile. But still that is one big buckle! Buckle model is cheaper too.

Cons- Honestly you should consider the drop as part of your criterion for choosing. The d-clasp has really saved the watch from falls in those early morning rush wakeups or the rare slip of the hand.

3. jcmartinez98 Aug 26, 2018

I wore the dsotm daily for over a year before upgrading to the deployant. Almost dropped it several times. DID drop it’s couple of times (no damage)

The difference in profile is negligible and both look fantastic. Since the upgrade, the deployant has saved me a few times. It’s way easier to take off and put on and feels (and is) much safer.

I definitely prefer the deployant.

Nicherotors and ext1 like this.
  4. Menno86 Aug 28, 2018

I’ve had the buckle for two years, never dropped it and was never afraid for that. Switched to the deployant and i find it a bit better due to the cleaner look and ease of use. Both bands can be ordered in different (i thought 3 or 4) sizes,

5. nokaoi1 Aug 28, 2018

thanks, I ended up getting the deployant but had to order a smaller strap!