Forums Latest Members
  1. Txstargazer3 Apr 27, 2016

First, thank you all for recommending Chitown Watches. Sergey is great to do business with. This is a big day as this was just delivered. It is much more beautiful in real life than my poor iPhone photos show. IMG_0481.JPG IMG_0482.JPG IMG_0483.JPG IMG_0489.JPG IMG_0491.JPG

IMG_0488.JPG
  2. alam Apr 27, 2016

gorgeous piece! :thumbsup: congrats, wear in good health and most important, dont drop it! :D

Txstargazer3 likes this.
  3. Fcalero Apr 27, 2016

I had not heard about chitown watches, I was looking at their website just now it seems they are grey market but they say their watches are new and under manufacturer warranty? I thought that's was not possible but they do sound pretty good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Txstargazer3 likes this.
  4. OmegaCard Anti-sticky exaggerator extraordinaire! Apr 27, 2016

+1 for chitown watches. Great selection:thumbsup: I have a feeling you're going to love it.

Txstargazer3 likes this.
  5. SamQue Apr 27, 2016

Although I haven't purchased from them yet I did find them on eBay where they have excellent feedback ratings. I asked a few questions via eBay and their responses were very quick. My only issue is that I live a few suburbs away and would have to pay Illinois sales tax which is rediculous. However, their prices and factory warranty make the sales tax worth it when compared to grey market watched.

6. Txstargazer3 Apr 27, 2016

Here's a couple of tips to save you some money:
    1. Cut out the middleman and go directly to the ChitownWatches website. The prices are lower there for the same watches because they don't have to pay a cut to eBay.
    2. Do you have a trusted friend or relative in another state? Have the watch shipped there and then they can FedEx it to you insured and still save you hundreds of dollars on an expensive watch. They don't even need to open it. They just peel off the old label and take it to the FedEx store.

That can add up to quite a bit of money! And you'l get the added buzz of knowing you got an incredible price due to knowing how to work the system. ;-)

Jim

karalhoin and SamQue like this.
  7. Txstargazer3 Apr 27, 2016

I already do! It feels great on the wrist; much smaller feeling & looking and lighter than I expected.

8. Txstargazer3 Apr 27, 2016

And of course, the cool laser engraving!

IMG_0494.JPG

karalhoin and jsaen like this.
  9. shutterlife Apr 27, 2016

Congrats. Great looking watch. Enjoy it till the next one comes.

Txstargazer3 likes this.
  10. Txstargazer3 Apr 27, 2016

For now, I feel like a kid on Christmas morning.

jsaen likes this.
  11. SamQue Apr 27, 2016

Excellent advise. I didn't know they had a standard web site until I read it here. I was thinking the same thing. I have a friend in Wisconsin. Nice to save 8-1/2%.

Txstargazer3 likes this.
  12. Bushido Apr 27, 2016

Congratulations on the new purchase! It's an awesome watch and one I'm sure you'll be very happy with for a long time to come.

Pro tip: Pull up the display piece in the box, you'll find a very nice black travel bag for the watch and a place to store the warranty cards. My ignorant self just found that out this week after owning the watch for months! /facepalm

Txstargazer3 likes this.
  13. Txstargazer3 Apr 27, 2016

It's a very nice bag too! The whole presentation with the box and cloth is very beautifully done.

14. richard371 Apr 27, 2016

Congrats on a beautiful watch. Of all the ceramic sides this one is the best imho. I think it will be come a true classic some day no matter how may iterations omega releases. It's the original.

OmegaCard and Txstargazer3 like this.
  15. Txstargazer3 Apr 27, 2016

I looked at several versions at a couple shops in the area and this one spoke to me. I thought the GSotM was a beauty too, but less suited to my personal style.

16. OmegaCard Anti-sticky exaggerator extraordinaire! Apr 28, 2016

Yeah. I see the next generation coming up wanting these. All that survive should be in pristine condition. I have an extra strap just in case I ever need to flip it. Demand will only increase imo. For now, we need them to quit producing the original, but I suspect it's still the best seller. So don't hold our collective breath for a few more years.

I mentioned in another thread that my OB told me only 300 were made the first year it was released. That would make those(original 2013) one of the more exclusive pieces in the wild today. And It was a very difficult acquisition in the beginning. The early marketing material on these watches was about how painstakingly difficult they were to produce. Once again, I suspect it's production run is very small in comparison to other models.

Maybe we should evaluate the other xSOTM models as a blessing since they do take up production capabilities. Keeps the original that more exclusive.

OP, welcome again to the exclusive club.

Edited Apr 28, 2016
    Caller likes this.
  17. Txstargazer3 Apr 28, 2016

The biggest surprise has been how comfortable the DSotM wears on the wrist. It feels like it is much smaller and lighter.

18. karalhoin Apr 28, 2016

Congrats. I'd say you have awesome exquisite good taste for having made such a fine choice, but it wouldn't be an impartial comment :D:D:whistling:

Txstargazer3 likes this.
  19. Txstargazer3 Apr 28, 2016

They are beautiful, aren't they?

karalhoin likes this.
  20. karalhoin Apr 28, 2016

Indeed. ;)
    How long did you have to wait after ordering?