Forums Latest Members
  1. anselmw Nov 3, 2015

As most who own the original DSOM, one of the improvements would be for Omega to make a deployant strap for it. Well after buying every strap that would fit, finally was able to source the new black/black nylon deployant strap for it from yinzerniner. Still don't have the new ceramic deployant so I am just using a regular steel one. Still looks good and feels more secure.

[​IMG]
    From left to rights
    Brushed S/S deployant, Croc Strap from Sedna, Nylon one from black/black, Original DSOM nylon, Black Rubber Aquaterra, Integrated Croc from regular speedmaster 9300.

[​IMG]
    Here is the back side shot

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The strap is very thick and just fits into the deployant. Is snug now but should break in with some where. So happy I can finally have a nylon deployant strap! Will wear it tomorrow to the 007 movie screening!

yinzerniner and shutterlife like this.
  2. shutterlife Nov 3, 2015

Looks good. I did the same for my GSOTM. Picked up a Sedna black strap and titanium deployant.

3. MH82 First Owner - SpeedyTuesday LE Nov 4, 2015

That's exactly the strap I'm about to put on my Aventurine Moonphase.
    Have to admit I like the matt-ness on the Sedna gold strap as well compared to the integrated croc.

4. abrod520 Nov 4, 2015

Is the deployant really that much better than the regular tang buckle? Trying on the DS at the boutique it was a bit balky due to the stiffness of the strap material, but the salesperson said it'd loosen up eventually. Planning on picking one up; should I wait for the deployant?

5. jcmartinez98 Nov 4, 2015

i think it's mostly about the safety factor. worst thing that could happen to a ceramic watch is a drop or other firm impact. we've all had 'scares' putting on the watch and buckling the strap. much more difficult for that to happen with deployant.

i would wait if i were you.
    i am planning to get a black cordura (from the black black) AND black croc (from the sedna black) along with the black ceramic/titanium deployant clasp to give my original DSOM both the safety and the option to 'dress up.'

6. anselmw Nov 4, 2015

Agree, that is the issue. The tang buckle, at least for me, is not easy to put on without risk of it slipping. Deployant is always safer as all you do is slip it on and clip the deployant in.

[​IMG]
    Close up of straps, matte on sedna strap is very attractive compared to shiny croc for integrated strap.

Edited Nov 4, 2015
  7. MH82 First Owner - SpeedyTuesday LE Nov 4, 2015

Wooooo! Aventurine on black black

image.jpeg
    nurseford25 and face33 like this.
  8. yinzerniner Nov 4, 2015

Thanks again for the easy deal, and you gotta love the cordura Omega strap look on the DSOTM.
    With that can't wait to see the matte black Sedna strap on it as well - the DSOTM seems to pair best with straps that are more subdued as opposed to bright and/or shiny. Wear them all in good health.

9. kgd_88 Jun 11, 2016

Hey there! I'm actually looking to make a purchase from yinzerniner as well. Just wondering if you have some pictures with the Sedna Black Straps. It would be awsome to see how the original DOSTM looks with the leather.

thankS