Forums Latest Members
  1. lmatt420 Oct 4, 2016

I volunteer for a non-profit resale shop where all of the proceeds go to the community. We received two Omega watches (not working) this past weekend and I know nothing about them. Can anyone tell me if they are real and what the value MIGHT be? Thank you all!!!

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg
  2. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Oct 4, 2016

Since they are not working, that will significantly impact value. The bottom watch (Seamaster Quartz) has relatively little intrinsic value. Factor that with it not working you are looking at a minimal value of 60-80$

The first watch (Deville) is quite nice. Even though it is not working it still has value. It looks like it is stainless steel? If so it could be worth in the 250-300$ range

3. ConElPueblo Oct 4, 2016

Hi Matt.

When you say "not working" what do you mean? Have you tried winding the first one you showed?

4. lmatt420 Oct 4, 2016

Thank you for the quick response! The De Ville is solid gold front and back. It's a beautiful watch but I am not sure how to tell if it is real gold or not.

5. lmatt420 Oct 4, 2016

Yes. I have tried winding both and one spins around and the other doesn't move at all.

6. ConElPueblo Oct 4, 2016

Ah, okay. Thanks for clarifying - it could have been a case of "Error 40" ;)

7. lmatt420 Oct 4, 2016

Got it. Almost like you know me or something. :) Thank you!!

ConElPueblo likes this.
  8. cristos71 Oct 4, 2016

Looks like there is no crystal retaining ring and to my eyes it is also missing its bezel, plus it has the engraving on the back and isn't running, so I would say $100-$125 if gold filled, and scrap value if solid gold. It really is a project watch and this model isn't highly sought after.

1.jpg

9. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Oct 4, 2016

I would value the Seamaster Deville at $50 bucks tops the Quartz at $25 One never knows what can be wrong with the movements Unless you have the watch in hand and check out the movement you are buying a pig in a poke You never know both watches may just be parts lockers

10. lmatt420 Oct 4, 2016

Thank you all for all of the comments/help!

11. Dr No Oct 4, 2016

The mechanical model might have a cal 560 movement, which would make it interesting to an Omega collector.

Take it to a watchmaker with the proper tool for opening the case. It's a top-loader, so your average shopping mall strap-and-battery store won't be of any help. The caliber number should be right under the eight digit movement number.

Art