Don’t follow leaders Watch the parkin’ meters

Just wanted to show off my new wrist parking meter. It was a kickstarter watch. I went down a rabbit hole of wristwatches that used different methods or layouts to tell time I’d like to add a few to my collection. Although jumping hour is not unique or special I don’t have one so I went with the project. Kinda cool in its own way. Myiota movement so nothing special there but it does help keep time. Note: had a warning on the shipping label that package had been opened during transit and I should check contents before accepting but good old UPS just left it at the door.
Perhaps someone went to steal it but found it too ugly.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Edited:

Like 14
I’ve been tracking the time on my watch that resembles a parking meter it’s surprisingly on the money. Also found a leather strap hidden in the packaging that although has some weird stitching is decent quality and comfortable I’ll show it tomorrow in the daylight. I might have upgraded to an eta movement it was last year I ordered so I need to look back but I recall the extra bands being an upgrade.

I love it. What are the dimensions?

You think Bob would like one?

I love it. What are the dimensions?
I’ll look it up forgot off hand. It’s a bit bigger than watches I usually like to wear at work as I like to keep it low key but it’s not crazy invicta big.

I’ll look it up forgot off hand. It’s a bit bigger than watches I usually like to wear at work as I like to keep it low key but it’s not crazy invicta big.
Be careful -- clients will think you are full of coins.

Like 3

I went to their website and found the case is 42mm and 14mm thickness. And dibs btw :thumbsup:

Like 1
I've always thought that the JLC parking meter watch was pretty dope

IMG_0749.jpeg

Your watch looks great and like a lot of fun, nice choice.

My wife and I went to do some clothes shopping on the weekend and street parking was going to cost $1 for 10 minutes, so I’m a bit turned off parking meters at the moment :D

Like 3
I went to their website and found the case is 42mm and 14mm thickness. And dibs btw :thumbsup:
Yes but it’s the lug to lug I’m not sure of doesn’t seem too big but one they put out had a 53MM lug to lug

Like 1
Be careful -- clients will think you are full of coins.
Ha ha funny you say that I have a few who always try to hit me up for .75 cents for “losy cigarettes”. If I happen to have pocket change I just give it to them. I was just asked today but had no change.

And here I thought I was a watch collector Dof ::facepalm1:: Now you have opened my eyes! I never knew I was a Parking Meter collector till now.
Do they make Pocket Watch Parking Meters too?

Actually I am joking here but that does look kinda cool.
Edited:

Like 1
Ha ha funny you say that I have a few who always try to hit me up for .75 cents for “losy cigarettes”. If I happen to have pocket change I just give it to them. I was just asked today but had no change.
I said it with the knowledge of your work from your past posts. :cool:

Like 1
I said it with the knowledge of your work from your past posts. :cool:
What job did I talk about? amateur physicists or cat herder? I don’t remember now.

What job did I talk about? amateur physicists or cat herder? I don’t remember now.

No, I think it was your groundbreaking work on Amatuer Phrenology

Like 1
No, I think it was your groundbreaking work on Amatuer Phrenology
Can we talk about the shape of your face?

Like 2