Forums Latest Members
  1. the.watchdoc Oct 4, 2017

Hey guys,

I'm doing a little research on vintage watch ownership as well as how we take care of them, I'd very much appreciate it if you guys could help me out and fill out this survey:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/JYRDTQ5

Appreciate it very much, guys. I'll keep you guys posted on the kind of results I get after I collect them and analyse them for a bit.

Cheers, and thanks very much.

2. the.watchdoc Oct 4, 2017

Thanks for the responses guys, have received some very interesting data! Unsurprisingly, a vast majority seem to have vintage Omega pieces, I wonder why that might be...

Jwit likes this.
  3. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Oct 4, 2017

Possibly posting this in open discussion, or in various other forums could help. I know there’s some UG guys they rarely leave the UG subforums::screwloose::

the.watchdoc likes this.
  4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Oct 4, 2017

Problem... Chrono cost more then 3 handers to service. Costs vary between watches... 200 vs 500...

If you have both the survey has an issue.

the.watchdoc likes this.
  5. the.watchdoc Oct 5, 2017

True that. I didn't think this would fit in the General forum, and I didn't want to colour the ownership patterns too much by going to a brand specific forum. Though as it is, I'm already on an Omega forum LOL

Yes, in fact the survey has many other weaknesses. But I'm severely limited by the free account I'm using on Survey Monkey, so I had to make do with what I had. But what I had personally hoped for would be averaging it out amongst all watches, both chronos and 3 handers. So if you had a more chrono heavy collection, your average would be higher, and vice versa.

Foo2rama and Jwit like this.
  6. the.watchdoc Oct 7, 2017

Quick update, we're closing in quick on the 100 respondents cap set by the free account of Survey Monkey. To everyone who has already responded, thank you! And to those who haven't, jump right in please :D

Some preliminary results: The fraction of Omega vintage collection is disproportionately high, almost 80% of respondents own a vintage Omega. I wonder why that is, LOL.

The vast majority of you prefer third party watchmakers for servicing, and intend to continue giving your business to them. And customer satisfaction seems to very high with them at all.

Cheers for all the responses guys, and have a great weekend!

Jwit likes this.