Forums Latest Members
  1. Interstellar Nov 28, 2016

Guys, came across this and i recall reading that arrowhead crosshair piepan-s usually come before the dog legged lugs era.

This example looks to be early 60's; I'm guessing Cal 561 with case ref 14902 but most 5 digit ref comes with only 2 lines (sans Officially Certified). And this looks unlikely to be 165.005 as I've never come across a arrowhead piepan version before with that reference.

To me, the font,MOY and even the 6 o clock 'Swiss Made' check out. So is this an uncommon 'transitional' or the last of arrowhead markers or am i missing something?

Sorry, no movement pix.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

EDIT : Found this in the For Sale Corner of OF : Looks to be a similiar one and the only 14902 I've seen so far with 3 lines (Automatic, Chronometer, Officially Certified) with Arrowhead Crosshair Piepan.

Is this uncommon?

https://omegaforums.net/threads/196...onstellation-all-steel-caliber-561-date.9077/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited Nov 28, 2016
  2. MPWATCH Watch Lover Nov 28, 2016

Does "Constellation" have depth? Any chance of cleaning up the crystal so you have a better grasp of where everything is at on the dial? Is it just me or does the date window seem off? ....Love it...killer piece, right up my alley!

3. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 28, 2016

All perfectly fine for this 14902 561
    These crystals with cyclops were available from Omega as an option at the time.
    While they hard to source now, the reference is 063 PX 5015L

4. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Nov 28, 2016

nice catch
    with a new crystal (I personally wouldn't bother with the cyclops) it'll look like a whole new watch
    congrats

5. ConElPueblo Nov 28, 2016

...Is it just me, or does the dial sit somewhat small in that case? It may be the photos/angle/light/aliens, but too me it seems like the dial is a mm or so too small.

6. Vicke Nov 28, 2016

You might have a point ConElPueblo, but it's kind of har to telll with that crystal imo. The watch's real deserve a new one.

cicindela likes this.
  7. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 28, 2016

You might have a point ConElPueblo, but it's kind of hard to tells with that crystal. It could also have the wrong retaining ring.