Forums Latest Members

Does Your Work Block Ebay Or Other Sites?

1. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 13, 2013

Just wondering how many guys here are not able to access eBay, Omegaforums, or other sites during the work day?

Part of the reason I ask is that looking at the traffic stats, the most populous time of day for Omegaforums is 10AM-2PM in the USA, and the most popular day is Mondays. Which usually means professionals that have gotten to work, answered their emails from the weekend, looked at the calendar, realised its the start of the work week and felt depressed about how many days it is until Saturday.

So decided to look at some watches. But how many guys are hampered in their watch browsing from work due to IT department interference?

2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member May 13, 2013

No. We're fine with the forums and with eBay. We do block most social media sites.

Which I find ironic, since we are supposed to put the firms Facebook and Twitter addresses on our emails. Which I refuse to do.

As I've said before, I have no Pinterest in Twitter, Instagram or Facebook.
    gatorcpa

3. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member May 13, 2013

omega forums ok but ebay blocked from my work computer. use the ebay app on a tablet I bring to work to access ebay surfing on work's public wi-fi.

4. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter May 13, 2013

every department different, but here I've got no issue with this forum or ebay or youtube. i'm not on facebook or twitter, so not sure if they are blocked.

5. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member May 13, 2013

Not sure why they would care as far as I am concerned since I don't have a facebook account and I've surpassed my production targets for all 12 quarters I've been at my present job. In fact there is data that shows workplace productivity is higher if web access isn't restricted at work.

6. Melhadary May 14, 2013

Some how, I can access ebay and search through it but I cannot make any transactions or look at my summary or lists :confused:
    Although i'm glad I can actually do that, it's such a tease and I end up waiting to go home for any transactions, so I started to bring my Mac Air to work, and like Mike, use the public wifi to play!
    Omega forum is open. All other social media are open according to employment level, so I have access to all, but actually hardly ever get the time to log on.