Forums Latest Members
  1. Papa Legba Apr 19, 2015

2. AAAKK First listing in the ΩF B2B phone book Apr 19, 2015

Seems to be a solid example. Pics aren't the greatest though, does seem to have some wear on the bezel at the 12 o'clock position. I'd factor in the price of a service as well. Not sure what 3570.50s are selling for now, but I'd like hi rez photos before I got involved in the bidding.

Edited Apr 19, 2015
  3. AAAKK First listing in the ΩF B2B phone book Apr 19, 2015

Your best bet is to go with one of the trusted sellers on this forum though.

travisrock, Papa Legba and MikiJ like this.
  4. Papa Legba Apr 19, 2015

Probably not a bad idea- thanks for taking a look

5. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Apr 19, 2015

I wear a 3570.50 as my daily wearer. This watch looks fine. 77xxxx movement is correct. Caseback is correct. Ebay seller has a tremendous rating so I don't think you have to worry. My 3570.50 appears identical except that my end links are not numbered. This is not an issue. Only question is the minor scratches (saves you the trouble of crying about your own) and the final price.

I would ask the seller the dates of sale indicated on the warranty card and to make sure the numbers match the movement/case number on the watch. Watch was sold with 2 year warranty. It's possible you might have some warrany left. Either way, the watch should have a service after 5 years so you could judge when that would be.

Papa Legba likes this.
  6. travisrock Apr 19, 2015

this- I'll never recommend someone to buy a speedy anywhere other than here. particularly from @Kringkily :thumbsup:

7. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Apr 19, 2015

Why not? Anywhere?

8. travisrock Apr 19, 2015

maybe WUS, but from what i've seen here- generally speaking of course- the sellers here know and love speedies. Not to say other's dont, but- most sellers here seem very transparent, knowledgeable, and share the lust/love/longing for speedies.

Anywhere would be an overexaggeration I suppose- if someone found a killer deal on something on WUS and the seller checked out, I'd strongly encourage them to hop on it. But if someone's looking for a piece and has no preference, I'd recommend them here first before anywhere else.

9. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Apr 19, 2015

Sorry to put you on the spot with my question. I suppose you are correct in that OF sellers are reliable, honorable gentleman who fully disclose, to the best of their knowledge, their merchandise and stand behind what they sell.

That being said, there are only a couple of sellers on OF who specialize in Speedmasters and they have access to only so many watches. The 3570.50 and its new variant with the black goodie box, has been in production for almost 20 years. It is the most basic, modern interpretation of the Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch. There are probably hundreds available used worldwide and countless dealers offering new (and even discounted) ones as well.

My point is that by reading posts on this forum, asking members questions regarding prospective purchases, reading Www.speedmaster.com (for a general overview as this only goes thru the 1970's) and best of all, spending $300 and purchasing Moonwatch Only, anyone should be able to navigate their way to purchase a 3570.50 from a place like Ebay (highly rated sellers only) and other sources as well. Remember, Ebay is very buyer friendly. Many of us purchase on Ebay routinely. Even the OF sellers, at times, buy on EBay and then resell, to members and others.

KIMBER and travisrock like this.
  10. travisrock Apr 19, 2015

I agree- only so many speedies to go around- hence why I wouldn't discourage someone from a great deal elsewhere if they saw it :)

After seeing so many "is this <insert watch here> real?" posts here- with negative results- I've become hesitant to buy off of ebay. But as you said- if you have a book next to you, know what to look for, and dot your t's and cross your i's so to speak, you should be good!

11. Papa Legba Apr 19, 2015

And that's why I wanted to ask- I'm just very skeptical of Ebay with no real track record to work off of. Thanks for the good feedback, it's been very insightful

travisrock likes this.
  12. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Apr 19, 2015

Thanks for the bump, but actually it's

Www.speedmaster101.com

Or if you are lazy,
    www.sp101.net