Forums Latest Members

Does this omega case appear to have been polished?

1. alland86 Jun 18, 2020

Hi all,

Considering purchasing this watch but want to get opinions from the experts. At first glance, can anyon give me any indication as to weather or not the case of this seamaster has been polished? The current owner said they have not polished it but can't speak for previous owners. Anything else jump out or does this look good?

Thank you!

omega1.jpg omega3.jpg
  2. OmeGez Jun 18, 2020

I don’t see the issue with a polished watch - If it’s done professionally, then they look amazing after a polish.

It’s hard to say if that one has or hasn’t, but the case still looks lovely and sharp!

3. Dor_42 Jun 18, 2020

I think it'll be very hard to tell from the single close up shot.

4. BlueOtter Jun 18, 2020

It's a little hard to tell here, but the lugs still seem to have retained some sharpness. Also, I don't see a problem with getting polishing done by professionals who know what they are doing. Polishing really becomes a huge issue (especially for older watches) when the watches are polished aggressively for many years, causing the case to lose its original shape and nuances - and this is primarily the reason why people talk about polishing in general as a bad thing but one has to take note that this is not a one size fits all kinda rule.

Caliber561, Stripey and Dor_42 like this.
  5. killer67 Jun 18, 2020

The case lines appear defined but may have been professionally lightly polished at some point.

6. ExpiredWatchdog Jun 18, 2020

You'll have to send it to me first, for an objective answer. Even then it could take several time periods to determine how well it was polished. Gotta go on a dive trip, gotta go on a road trip across the deep south, gotta go in low earth orbit. I can do it for $250,000 plus expenses.

And then you will need to consult with your watchmaker again as to how to bring it up to full glory. PM me if interested.

apsm100 and YY77 like this.
  7. robocaspar Jun 24, 2020

Theres a scratch on the bezel by the 20 so...

Screenshot_20200624-233650.jpg
  8. SkunkPrince Jun 24, 2020

If it ever had factory service, it was refinished.

9. Dor_42 Jun 25, 2020

Looks like a reflection to me