Forums Latest Members
  1. padders Oooo subtitles! Apr 20, 2018

No not the usual, 'I saw this in a pawn shop, what's it worth' type enquiry: I already own it and am not asking for help with value.

Due to a rather acquisitive 6 months, I am in the process of having a clear out of a rather overcrowded watch box. I have already sold a couple of pieces this month and the watch below is next and hopefully last in line for the exit door. It is lovely but has been replaced in my affections by 2 Connies and an early Geneve.

I am fully entitled to post a sales thread on OF in the correct place so this isn't a stealth thread, quite the opposite really since I thought it best that I ask for the collective to express any concerns before I advertise it. I wouldn't want to mislead anyone so need to be happy that what I say in my advert, when I place it, is correct.

Anyhow about the watch, this is a 9K Dennison cased 265 movement piece with a hallmark for 1956 and a 14.38m serial. The dial is rather clean, almost suspiciously so but does show some minor variance in colour tone which I took to be either deterioration in the varnish or radium burns (the hands were full lume, some now missing). When I bought it, I looked for the obvious tells and it looks Ok to me but if anyone sees any red flags please let me know.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edited Apr 20, 2018