Forums Latest Members
  1. jiq1972 Oct 11, 2017

I am in the look for a replacement dial for my Omega Geneve Dynamic and I found this one on eBay. Does it look original to you?

Original OMEGA DYNAMIC Men's DIAL for Cal. 1010 / 1012 - New Old Stock - 1970's | eBayPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

There is also this one but it is pre-owned and not mint
    VINTAGE OMEGA DYNAMIC GENEVE MENS WRISTWATCH PART - PLAQUE ONLY | eBayPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Can you advise please? I don't want to spend 125 bucks in a redial

2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 11, 2017

Looks original to me (first one). Second one looks original but not as good condition.

3. DON Oct 11, 2017

There's a dial notch at 8:00 which is an odd spot for one

Second also has a notch in the same spot

Wouldn't think Omega would need to notch a dial as they would have had a jig set up so all the dials would be the right way to start

Checked some images of others. One also had 8:00 notch and some didn't have any at all

Very odd

DON

4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 11, 2017

Isn't the notch on the edge of the dial to allow you to turn the movement to get it out of the case?

Archer likes this.
  5. DON Oct 11, 2017

Not sure. This model was never a favorite of mine, so never bought one. I'm just looking at the notch based on the number of dials I had refinished when I restored watches.

The dials on these seem to be cut from 3 - 10 on the edges leaving notches at the ends to rotate the movement (I assume), so it would seem odd to add another at 8:00

Could be factory done as most re-finishers stick to the main points of a dial - 3, 6, 9 and 12

As I said. Just seems odd if the factory did add the notch

DON

6. jiq1972 Oct 12, 2017

Thank you for the advise. Thing is the first one is 125 bucks + shipping. I am traveling to Argentina (where the seller is located so I could save the shipping costs) but still 125 bucks.
    The second one is just 10 bucks + shipping. I know it's a bid and not pristine but the difference is huge. I don't have any plan to sell the watch. Just wanted to bump it up a bit since current dial is a hot mess and make the watch look really bad.

7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 12, 2017

Yes...it has nothing to do with refinishing.