Forums Latest Members

Does the Breguet Tradition short-change on finishing?

1. bradurani Feb 7, 2021

Hi all,

I'm really drawn to the Breguet Tradition line for its very unique aesthetic. The GMT in white gold I find particularly appealing.
    I hesitate, though, because of the oft repeated maxim that much of a high-end watch's value comes from the skilled hand-work performed. A $40,000 PP, ALS or VC would have hand-bevelled and polished bridges, engine turned base plates, hand engraving, etc. all of which takes hours and hours of skilled labor.
    Does the Breguet short change us in this regard? The plates and bridges have a frosted coating that I'm guessing is machine applied, and I don't see any evidence of hand work apart from the final assembly.
    I don't care about value retention. This is not about resale, I would just want to know, with a price tag like that, that I'm getting something that is meticulously hand-crafted and I don't see much evidence of that. What do you all think?

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 8, 2021

As the name suggests, this is a watch that represents a historical piece that Brequet made in the past.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The finishing reflects that previous work. If it's worth the money is a decision you would have to make for yourself.

Cheers, Al

tictacmen likes this.