does someone know this jumbo beefy case seamaster ref#?

Hello, i’m new to the forum and i was wondering if someone can help me find this jumbo beefy case seamaster ref #. My family found this watch that belong to my great grandfather and for what i’ve been looking through, it seems to be a jumbo beefy sea master but i’m not sure, does someone know this exact model and give me an idea of what’s it worth? I don’t really know what i’ve got here so i’d appreciate some info about it. Thank you!

IMG_2198.jpeg

IMG_2199.jpeg

thank you! do you know the approximate value?
I find the jumbos hard to value - they don’t seem to sell for much more than standard sized ones but are harder to find and more wearable to many.

Is it sold gold or gold capped?

By the way, please remove that bracelet - it will eat away at the lugs. Crown should be gold of course.

I find the jumbos hard to value - they don’t seem to sell for much more than standard sized ones but are harder to find and more wearable to many.

By the way, please remove that bracelet - it will eat away at the lugs. Crown should be gold of course.
Yea its that way for a lot of vintage Seamasters, several people like @Bill Sohne have been telling people about special Seamasters for years but the market as a whole is more attracted to the Constellation pie-pan and overpays for even bad piepans over great Seamasters with a heard mentality

Yea its that way for a lot of vintage Seamasters, several people like @Bill Sohne have been telling people about special Seamasters for years but the market as a whole is more attracted to the Constellation pie-pan and overpays for even bad piepans over great Seamasters with a heard mentality

ohh okay, i’ll remove the bracelet.
And idk if it’s solid gold or gold cape, it doesn’t have anything scripted.
By the way, i don’t really know about the market for this kind of watches, what’s an average price for a normal seamaster?

ohh okay, i’ll remove the bracelet.
And idk if it’s solid gold or gold cape, it doesn’t have anything scripted.
By the way, i don’t really know about the market for this kind of watches, what’s an average price for a normal seamaster?
Price wise in a no reserve auction gold-cap would be around the ~$500 range depending on how many people want it, it could go a couple hundred either way though depending on photos and demand.

18K gold would be more around the $1.5-2k range.

The way to tell what material it is, check the back of the lugs, if its silver there its gold-capped, if its gold then its solid gold.

Price wise in a no reserve auction gold-cap would be around the ~$500 range depending on how many people want it, it could go a couple hundred either way though depending on photos and demand.

18K gold would be more around the $1.5-2k range.

The way to tell what material it is, check the back of the lugs, if its silver there its gold-capped, if its gold then its solid gold
thank you so much! image.jpg so this means that it gold capped? or is the back of the lugs replaced? because when i first saw the back of the watch i thought it’d been through a repair.

thank you so much! image.jpg so this means that it gold capped? or is the back of the lugs replaced? because when i first saw the back of the watch i thought it’d been through a repair.
Might be gold-filled or gold-capped, steel case-back means not solid gold though.

Might be gold-filled or gold-capped, steel case-back means not solid gold though.
thank you all guys! this was really useful

Case is gold filled, you can see some pretty severe wear on the edges of the lugs which will keep the value down unfortunately.

Case is gold filled, you can see some pretty severe wear on the edges of the lugs which will keep the value down unfortunately.
Took the words out of my mouth.

Screenshot 2024-08-25 at 6.54.01 PM.png

Took the words out of my mouth.

Screenshot 2024-08-25 at 6.54.01 PM.png
wait so what is it? caped, filled or solid?

From the images filled, with some wear-through of the coating

As Norm mentioned, gold-filled, and damaged. Which means that the value is lower than estimated above.

It’s gold filled. A thin layer of sheet gold bonded to an alloy case (brass) under heat and pressure.

Over time. Wearing wears away at the gold layer exposing the alloy case. Also due to pressure. Some areas show splitting where the gold pulls away from itself. Usually on edges

The same indices say hi...
IMG_8067.jpg
Beautiful in its simplicity. Is that the one that sold on Ricardo a few months back?