Forums Latest Members

Does my Speedmaster track month?

1. djlevin Mar 1, 2017

I received my Speedmaster a few weeks ago. It currently indicates that the day of the month is the 29th (it's February and not a leap year). I know I can manually adjust the day. Do I have to do this every month that doesn't have 31 days? Or can my Speedmaster be set so it knows which month we are on?

Thank you.

2. Kmart Mar 1, 2017

I'm not sure which reference you're referring to exactly (maybe this one?)

[​IMG]

But anyway I believe that your watch is a simple calendar which requires advancing if the month has less than 31 days - as opposed to an annual calendar, which keeps track of the month as well. So no, there is no way to set the month into your watch.

3. nygiants Mar 2, 2017

I believe there is no perpetual calendar on any speedmaster model...and so like most watches you have to adjust date for any month less than 31 days

Foo2rama likes this.
  4. Canuck Mar 2, 2017

I know that Omega produced a perpetual calendar model in the now defunct (AFAIK) Louis Brandt series of wrist watches in the dim, dark past. But the only one so equipped that I am aware of was not a chronograph. Has there ever been an Omega branded wrist watch with a perpetual calendar?

5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 2, 2017

Annual calendar is the term. Perpetual calendar does leap year.

No Speedy has either of these. Even the Mk 40 still needs to be adjusted in February.

6. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Mar 2, 2017

Given all the love of 'Speedies' I just assumed some divine intervention would sort that out for you ::facepalm1:: ::stirthepot::

7. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Mar 2, 2017

Well there's the globemaster annual calendar.

8. zrleopold Mar 2, 2017

Normally OF members request pictures when a watch is mentioned...but in this case please no

adi4 and Jwit like this.
  9. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Mar 2, 2017

Intentionally did not add pics[​IMG]

zrleopold likes this.
  10. Slipstreamer Mar 2, 2017

...anything's possible--for a price!