Forums Latest Members

Does anything look attractive on the upcoming Antiquorum auction? Nt

1. Davudvl Nov 1, 2014

Nt

2. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Nov 1, 2014

Well since you ask.
    (The full list of speedmasters they are selling is on my blog: http://www.speedmaster101.com/blog/)
    This is way too optimistic for even a brown man like me:
    Lot 26 Brown Dial.jpg

Estimate USD7500-9500 plus the (not inconsiderable vig)

Several other 861 Speedmasters are more reasonable, at around USD1,100 low estimate, but Antiquorum have a habit of under estimating, perhaps to give themselves a good congratulatory slap in the back in the press.

The flight master has a terrible dial, really. I like it, and the estimate is low, but I dont think it will make anyone happy at the price it sells for.
    Lot 27 Flight.jpg

There are several of the '70s seamaster chunkies on sale, some with somewhat dubious origin.

This is nice however:

Lot 38 hard case.jpg

Quite rare and described as NOS, low estimate USD 1,100

There are several clocks, about which I know nothing.

Possibly the most interesting is one of the 500 white gold speedmasters from 1994.
    If it really has original box and papers, it is interesting as it has already been worn, so someone could buy it and enjoy it without damaging the value. This one is low estimate $5400+vig and the last one I saw sell at Christies for about four times that. I suspect from the red flash in the photo that it is a later box.

medium_469.jpg

Well you did ask!

3. Davudvl Nov 1, 2014

Yes I did :).
    I also noted the NOS model you mentioned. Then I read on Hoodinkie that there are several pieces with redials that are marked as original dials. Do you think that one might be one of them?

4. ICONO Nov 2, 2014

Exceptionally fine blog, Spacefruit : http://www.speedmaster101.com/blog/)

I did not realise, this was your own blog - Very often my first point of reference, when checking something

Congratulations - Very professional imagery, & engaging, academically objective text...........unlike some others, with a financial axe to grind.

Just linked with you on Twitter. - Look forward to reading more, & staying in touch.

5. richardew Nov 2, 2014

That's really low considering it has the wg bracelet too. I don't know what value you place on the fitted box. The watch originally came with a unique case, patches, velcro band etc.
    6.9.11 _006 apollo xi speed.jpg

Spacefruit likes this.
  6. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Nov 2, 2014

The white gold one in gold weight alone is like 7.5/8 as the bracelet adds a ton

7. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Nov 2, 2014

Rich, I was hoping you would come along and post your set....!

8. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Nov 2, 2014

Omega Grand looks nice. But really $1600-2700 price range?

9. Mark020 not the sharpest pencil in the ΩF drawer Nov 2, 2014

Estimates are deliberately low. Don't let this fool you.

10. Tom Dick and Harry Nov 2, 2014

[​IMG]

Dial and hands are replacement, they are not original, these are lovely watches and hugely undervalued considering the rising prices of Skywalkers and Vaders but IMHO this one has been messed with