jewelers mark2.jpg

clasp.jpg

Hallmarks

hallmarks3.jpg

2. ulackfocus Mar 8, 2014

Ballantine Beer?

beer_mat2.jpg

3. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Mar 8, 2014

Excellent. I'd forgotten about Ballantine, the preferred beer of old men sitting on their stoops during the hot summers of my Baltimore childhood.

ulackfocus likes this.
  4. pitpro Likes the game. Mar 8, 2014

Lou
    From reading the October threads, I'm guessing you are
    hunting the Zenith unidentified bracelet.

Did you find this thread when you were looking around?
    http://forums.watchuseek.com/f11/help-identifying-omega-vintage-859185.html
    Hope this helps.
    ".....Originally both parts (case & movement /Dial) started life together. This watch was purchased in Spain in 1963 as new by my father to be a present for his father (my grandfather). It is possible (can't get this info) that my father ordered a special watch, and the jeweller made a unique box & bracelet, ordering from Omega the movement.

Related to the JMPL branded, I am thinking that probably could not be JMPL, but JP and ML. I think could mean the following: The J for Jewelry (in Spanish Joyeria), the P for Silverware (in Spanish Plateria), and maybe the ML could be the name of the jeweller. So it could be Jewelry & Silverware (horizontal) with the name of jeweller in vertical. It makes sense for me. I'll try to make a search to find Spanish jewellers from the 60's starting with M and L"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Mar 8, 2014

Oooh, good find. So perhaps a Spanish goldsmith's mark. But that Omega looks like it has a Swiss-type marking for gold content, although no hallmarks. Hmmm.

FYI pitpro, the object of the exercise is to determine the gold content of the bracelet, not having been able to recognize the hallmarks. I was looking at the jeweler's mark in an attempt to figure out what country's assay office I should be searching.

6. pitpro Likes the game. Mar 8, 2014

7. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Mar 8, 2014