Forums Latest Members
  1. hlodge Jan 27, 2014

Hi All,

This is my first post here - I'm new to the forum. I'm looking to buy a vintage omega seamaster (60s or late 70s) and have been considering taking a risk on Ebay.

I came across this watch (pictured).
    [​IMG]

More details / pictures etc on ebay on this link:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151218901739?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

The case / movement look correct, but I can't find ANY pictures anywhere of a similar dial with steel arabic numerals and a crosshair.

Does anyone recognise it?

Details from the ad:
    Case numbrt 165.003
    Year 1965
    Movement Cal 552

Thanks for your help.

Will

2. ulackfocus Jan 27, 2014

Hi Will. It's not the original finish - it's been repainted. If it's a 1965 watch in that front loading case I think it should also have DE VILLE under the Seamaster. It's a replacement crown too. Also, here's an oxymoron from the listing: "the stainless steel case has been polished and is in totally mint condition". Um, mint implies that it's perfect just as it left the mint / factory. If it's been polished, it's no longer mint. Correctly polished, it can be in excellent shape, but it's never mint again. They didn't do too bad of a job though. An experienced collector would pass on this watch, but if you've got a bad case of the Don Drapers you should stay under $350 for it. Of course, a n00b battle will end up pushing it over $500 but there are plenty of other similar watches in original condition to be had.

3. hlodge Jan 27, 2014

Thanks Dennis - I'll let it go and keep looking.