Forums Latest Members
  1. davimoscardini Feb 4, 2016

Hello folks,

My name is Davi and I am from Brazil. I was organizing some old stuff that was at my house and I accidentally found a lost Omega Seamaster! I've asked my relatives about it and I've discovered that this watch was my Grandpa's Omega. I have already did some research on internet about it, but no sucess. I do not have a clue about it. The watch is approximately 40 years old and it still works perfectly. I am intending to restore it. Does anyone of you have an idea of which watch is it? How much would a watch like that worth? I do not intend to sell it due to its sentimental value. Thank you very much.

Davi

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. italy1861 Feb 4, 2016

Seamaster "Big yellow". I think the reference number is 166.092. Should have a cal.1002 inside. Older versions were 166.066 and had a cal.565.

3. KstateSkier Feb 4, 2016

Cool watch, cool story. The only thing my grandpa left me was a few dirty jokes and several hilarious sayings. The yellow is cool.

4. davimoscardini Feb 4, 2016

Thank you very much Italy1861, by the way my grandpa had Italian origins. Cheers!

So he must have been a great Grandpa kstateskier! Cheers!

chronos likes this.
  5. italy1861 Feb 4, 2016

Looks like the wrong seconds hand made it on your watch at some point. Here's a pic of a forum members (dualdo) for comparison:
    image.jpeg
    I'd get your watch serviced by a sympathetic watchmaker that can get it cleaned up and replace the gaskets/service the movement. Don't let him polish the case!

6. davimoscardini Feb 4, 2016

Yeah I've noticed that difference in the seconds hand. I do not know if the watch came with it or if it was replaced. I was searching on internet and I found a guy saying that his watch had the same seconds hand as mine, this's curious... But I prefer the way it is. Why should I not polish the case ?

Canuck likes this.
  7. davimoscardini Feb 4, 2016

I am asking you this question because the case and the bracelet looks opaque. I was planning to polish it to give it some brightness.

8. lillatroll Feb 4, 2016

It's your watch and you can do what you want to it. However polishing it will take away it's originality, and reduce its value. Collectors prefer watches to be in as original condition as possible.

chronos likes this.
  9. davimoscardini Feb 5, 2016

Got it. Well I do not intend to sell it, actually I am going to restore it so I can wear it. But that was a nice advice. Cheers mate.