Forums Latest Members

Does Anyone Know The Model, Authenticity And Value Of This "seamaster"?

1. alexgalt Mar 24, 2013

HI,
    I kind of like the look of this watch and was hoping it was a model from the 60s. I don't have any other information on the watch except this picture, no papers, no serial number. The back seems to be perfectly clean with no logo of any kind on the outer case. If you have any information about the watch's authenticity, model, age and value I would appreciate it.

Thanks, seamaster.jpg

2. ulackfocus Mar 24, 2013

It's post-1971 because the day/date window has a divider making it a caliber 102x which was introduced in 1972. I'd like to see more pictures, particularly the inside of the caseback and movement.

3. alexgalt Mar 24, 2013

Thanks for the information. Unfortunately, I can't get any more pictures. The only other information I have is that it is currently working, the owner is the second owner and has no idea if it has ever been serviced. What do you think would be a reasonable price for it in this condition? There doesn't seem to be much interest in it here and it's currently at about 150 dollars with 12 more hours to go.

4. ulackfocus Mar 24, 2013

$200, maybe up to $275? You're right that there isn't much interest in these. There might be a small flurry of bidding in the last 15 seconds though.