Forums Latest Members

Does anyone know anything about this watch? worth? It is 18 KT gold.

1. Xg350lhak Mar 9, 2016

Does anyone know anything about this watch? It is 18 karet gold. Approx age? Worth?

2. calalum Mar 9, 2016

The elusive invisible watch. The value is hard to assess.

rolokr, off, x3no and 1 other person like this.
  3. jens0125 knows that watches were made to be worn Mar 9, 2016

the force is bright in this one I feel

rolokr likes this.
  4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 9, 2016

It's the new forum feature, images on posts without Avatars go translucent.

Observe my image of a parrot blue below:

5. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 9, 2016

Two watches with what's it worth since joining this month looks like your research is the same as your picture Non existent

6. timjohn Mar 9, 2016

possibly as much as $100,000, but don't tell your uncle, he might want it back

7. mozartman ♫♭♬ ♪ Mar 9, 2016

To me, the main point of a collecting hobby is researching the pieces you inherit or find, and learning their history as well as their current value. I inherited a painting done in 1930 by a relatively important artist (not especially valuable, alas :( ) and I bet I could tell you more about that artist and the painting's first owner (a well-known art collector whose holdings were scattered after he died in a 1944 plane crash) than anyone at Christie's or Sotheby's (even though Sotheby's predecessor Parke-Bernet auctioned the piece off in 1946). Both of them were fascinating people. So, I suggest the OP research until he can educate us about his piece, not the other way around. I'll look for his findings. ::popcorn::

Vinomega, x3no, Diabolik and 2 others like this.
  8. Severin Mar 9, 2016

...did the art have anything to do with Joseph Beuys? I am tres intrigued!

9. Steve9pm Strangely obsessed with cheap manual wind watches. Mar 10, 2016

Though I don't disagree with you, this could just be part of OPs research. What's said here (after the pic is actually uploaded), could lead him down a path to finding out more.

mozartman likes this.
  10. dx009 Mar 10, 2016

Hey guys, I just inherited this rare gold with diamonds Rolex Moonphase with orange dial from an uncle in Africa that I didn't know I had. How much is it worth ?

11. Vinomega Apr 8, 2016

True, there's more to this hobby than just stacking it up like coins, more the better and all that. I actually appreciate the whole reading about the watch's history and the kind of times it must have gone through...and kept time for ( pun intended). Having said that, I've been reading in and around this forums for several months now, and, cautious that I am, I still am yet to make my FIRST purchase! ( this is embarassing to admit ). Oh well, I will start my own collection soon... :)

12. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Apr 9, 2016

This one belongs to the emperor

13. marturx Apr 9, 2016

Can we have this one as a sticky as an example of an absolutely meaningless, useless and fruitless posting?

14. glownyc Apr 9, 2016

It's already stickied ....you just can't see it ::rimshot::

aap likes this.