Forums Latest Members
  1. alexgalt Feb 2, 2015

Hi, This watch is on sale on a Japanese auction. I've never seen anything remotely resembling this and can't find anything in the forum, on the Omega site or through a google search. Did Omega ever make this watch? The site says it is a genuine Omega which retailed for 12,000 US. Fuzzy picture of a warranty card is included but I can't make out any reference number. It also seems to come with a box including a set of tools of some type. I'm curious if anyone has any information about this. I can't copy the pictures but they show up on this link,

http://page14.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/s432117273

Thanks,
    M

2. jrpippen Feb 2, 2015

I've see a box like that before, was it for the limited edition with the silver sub dial.

That doesn't look like a speedy pro movement to me through the back.

3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 2, 2015

4. pascs Feb 2, 2015

5. alexgalt Feb 2, 2015

6. Andy K Dreaming about winning an OFfie one day. Feb 2, 2015

Ahh, that watch brings back memories of some toxic threads on WUS from back in the day! There was a lot of hope and anticipation from Speedmaster collectors leading up to the 50th anniversary longing for a straight lugged cal. 321 reissue, but instead Omega released a rotorless 33xx movement/enamel dial. Just an odd choice to go in that direction.

I'm sure it's an ok watch judged on its own and without all that context, but boy was it a lightning rod 8 years ago.