Forums Latest Members

Does anyone have a Speedmaster with (((this))) dial?

1. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Jul 10, 2014

image.jpg 'Cuz I think this is one of the better looking chrono dials I've seen out there.

just wondering if it looks as good with the hands, and such.

Is it worth buying the dial and building one if I can't find a whole watch? Because I'd like to build one.

i know omega collectors HATE franken watches or whatever you call 'em but this would be for me. Maybe one day someone else will sell it when I'm dead and gone but I don't plan on selling it…fear not.

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 10, 2014

DLT222 and citizenrich like this.
  3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 10, 2014

BTW The Pro posted above is an original Italian market limited edition Speedmaster, one of 500 made.

citizenrich likes this.
  4. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Jul 10, 2014

oooooof, probably waaaaay out my league.

I think i'd still be happy with a baby speedy with that same combo. it's exactly how i was hoping it would look.

*edit I know a lot of speedy guys don't like two tone watches but I love 'em. Probably because my first grownup watch was a TT Sub.

Always liked the TT Sub even if some people look at it as being a bit of a…cliche.

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 10, 2014

Na mate, the price on the pro won't be much higher than the reduced, its just a better watch and cheaper to maintain in the long run. They're not hugely pricey at all as they're not well known.

The piggyback movement reduced is just not a good watch tbh.

citizenrich likes this.
  6. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Jul 10, 2014

Oh, thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Joining this forum has very literally saved me XXXX dollars in rookie mistakes. The vintage watch market is a freaking snake pit.

It's time for me to get a Speedmaster. I dipped my foot in the pool with a few nice Seamaster's but now it's time to take the plunge.

*edit - anyone have one for sale?

7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 10, 2014

That one on ebay I think could end up in the 3k-4.5k range

For all other models, hit up Kringkily in NYC

8. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Jul 10, 2014

Does kringkily sell used watches? I was under the impression he only dealt with new grey market items. He's local for me and I recall reading in some of his listings that he 'prefers' face to face transactions. I agree with this philosophy. :)

9. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 10, 2014

Most of his Speedmasters listed here are used, but he can usually get anything, new or used.