Forums Latest Members

Doctors vs Veterinarians (funny)

1. Thomas P. The P is for Palladium and Platinum Jul 20, 2016

Enjoy!

2. alam Jul 20, 2016

3. Bushido Jul 20, 2016

That was awesome! Of course, now I'm going to have an inferiority complex every time it appears I may need to refer a patient. I think I will just change my clinic website to state that I specialize in "Everything!" Wonder how long until I get angry letters from my malpractice carrier and state board...

dialstatic likes this.
  4. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Jul 21, 2016

I work in the veterinary health industry and while I agree with most of this, a good vet will refer you when things are beyond his skill or knowledge level. But yep, cat, dog, rabbit, horse, cow all in a days work.

Linzer and Archer like this.
  5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 21, 2016

Yep - have had referrals at vets for several different things, with different animals. Mostly to an avian vet when we had a Goffin's Cockatoo years ago, but also for one of our dogs for potential foot surgery. Not uncommon to be referred at all in my experience.

6. gwzymytk Jul 21, 2016

I think It would be funny if I could refer some of my human patients to vets...

Also, know that most pet medicine has some human alternative that is least expensive (but probably requires a prescription, depending on country). Antibiotics for instance are cheaper for human use, and doses can be adjusted by size :)

7. dialstatic Jul 22, 2016

That was hilarious :)

Didn't know that guy, definitely gonna look up more of his stuff on YouTube. Thanks!

8. Canuck Jul 22, 2016

One thing that amazes me about vets is that their patients can't tell them where it hurts!

9. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Jul 22, 2016

neither can infants. Perhaps they should train pediatricians in veterinary school. They could learn to deal with the impossible owners as well.