Forums Latest Members

Do you take your Seamaster off when you...

1. KrodMandoon Mar 24, 2016

I recently purchased a Seamaster and personally have found its blowen away my (mid-90's) Speedmaster in terms of day to day practibility.
    Maybe it's my Speedmasters hesalite screen, lighter weight to the watch, and lack of waterproofing properties that help form this opinion.

I've found myself not taking the Seamaster off now for showering, sleeping, work, practicing expanding the human race :p, even running (...but can notice the weight compared to a light running watch)... It's just a great tough smart practical watch I'm enjoying wearing all the time.

Anyone else keep theirs on full-time?

Edited Mar 25, 2016
  2. mokofoko One sad panda Mar 24, 2016

My bond smp is scratched to heck--and when I wear it, I feel no need to take it off. It stays on when I'm working on the car, changing brakepads, etc. Worn in the shower. Really no reason to take it off except to swap for another watch. If I had a brand new one though, I'd be concerned about damage to the bezel... those things are mighty expensive to replace.

3. OMGRLX a RolexBear in disguise Mar 24, 2016

I wear mine all the time except for showering/swimming... :)

4. alam Mar 24, 2016

for a moment I thought the question was ending with ....travel to the moon? :p

NT931 likes this.
  5. Mr Bing Mar 24, 2016

No need, I'm right handed and wear my watch on the left. What was the question again? :thumbsdown:

6. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 24, 2016

PO and Bond, pretty much everything, speedmasters I don't tempt fate.

7. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Mar 24, 2016

It's funny, I actually want a Moonwatch for the exact purposes you enjoy the Seamaster, minus the water...
    After wearing an assortment of watches I've grown to like something comfortable over massive. I still love the PO and it's solid feel. But having a super comfortable, versatile color, everyday watch makes it easy to wear. I'm also liking the idea of having a shatterproof hesalite crystal... I have never damaged any of my sapphires to date, but i like the idea of my hesalite withstanding any kind of bumps or bruises.
    I could be totally wrong about using a Speedy as an easy to toss on, no brainier daily watch...

STANDY likes this.
  8. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Mar 24, 2016

Makes sense. You would think a Seamaster or PO would be fine in the vicinity of seamen. Unfortunately for my wife I am more of a speedy guy...

::rimshot::

KrodMandoon, OMGRLX, Steve9pm and 2 others like this.
  9. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 24, 2016

@Frunkinator Of all watches my modern Speedmaster sees the most wrist time as a daily wear. Over two years old and over the babying stage and if it cops a knock that's life. Have the DS-3 reissue for anything to do with water. So barely go for a beater anymore. Woke up when I cleared a yacht a while back and saw the skipper with a beaten up Rolex sub about 10 years old and thought how cool it looked.

10. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Mar 24, 2016

Yeah that's what I'm saying. I do take care of my watches, but I also think they should be worn! For people like us who appreciate watches, we shouldn't only wear "beaters". Again the idea of a shatterproof, thin case, comfortable, classic and watch enthusiast identifiable only watch, a Speedy for daily wear seems like a great idea. I don't want to worry about the occasional water hazard and fear of bad seals, so should be buying a newer one soon.

11. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Mar 24, 2016

What fate to tempt? It has a water resistance number, 50 meters, I think. Anyone who says this means "barely splashproof" is full of it. I've worn a Speedmaster "moon watch" in a hot tub and you know how much leakage I had?

ZERO!

I don't wear my watches in the shower because I need to scrub my wrist.

Tom

Edit: Didn't mean to do a strike-through. Can't change it. You'll have to cope.

12. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Mar 24, 2016

Damn it. I can't see the pictures!

13. KrodMandoon Mar 25, 2016

I tried to get some pics to support my regular activities.. but they came out too blurry.. I think too much hand movement... I'll try again tonight :thumbsup: