Forums Latest Members

Do you have Seamaster 120 ref 166.088 with this configuration? I can not find in AJTT or OVD

1. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe May 31, 2015

I just bought a SM120 ref 166.088 with caliber 1002 locally. It is in decent condition. However I could not find the configuration with this dial and sword hands in AJTT and OVD.
    SM120 front dial.jpg

SM120 and SM300.jpg

Using Google, most common image found for ref 166.088 is with blue second hand configuration like this:
    [​IMG]

and the only other image coming up similar with my configuration is in this site:
    http://www.secondtimearoundwatchco.com/watches-for-sale/omega/seamaster-120/7346

Just curious, are there 166.088 out there with similar configuration like mine?
    Is this a service dial & hands?

Thanks
    H

2. lillatroll May 31, 2015

I don t know enough about this watch to give an informed opinion about your watch but from looking at the pictures, there are several things that I wonder about on this watch. Firstly, the hands, which you mentioned, then the fact that the lume on the bezel is different colour from the markers on the dial and finally, the markers on the dial are different from the markers on the dial in the photo from google. There does seem to be some variation in dials from the pictures on google buy none with the same thick hour marker that is on your watch. I suppose It comes down to how much you paid for it and are these things reflectied in the price.

3. Paedipod May 31, 2015

Hi Privateday7.....here is my 166.0251 as it came to me 166.0251.jpg

and on the right in the next pic....after a trip to Omega. This is the only dial that they had to fit case/movement and resembles yours.
    IMG_2583.jpg
    They changed out the hands and commented that the old dial (that they sent back) was unsalvageable, and that they could not provide an original or service dial for the 166.0251. Not sure if that is helpful.

gippo likes this.