Forums Latest Members

Do you consider Ulysse Nardin Fashion, High End or, a little of each

1. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Feb 12, 2015

regardless, damn fine watch.

I'm interested in your opinions or i wouldn't waste your time asking.

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 12, 2015

I would consider them a high end maker. Looking at watches like the Freak, the Sonata (my personal favourite from the brand), and other amazing watches they have made, I don't think you could not consider their work high end.

They do have lesser models, mostly dive watches and many using an ETA movement with a module on top. Those are less high end, but by all accounts still nicely made watches. The old 1846 Marine Chronometer model was one that I loved the looks of, and it if wasn't modular, I would probably have bought one.

I remember myself and 2 buddies all going to a store once where the had 3 of their divers in different colours, and we remarked that we all liked a different version. We nearly walked out with our own version of that watch...

citizenrich likes this.
  3. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Feb 12, 2015

Defintely not fashion to me. Innovative high end watchmaking which only a few brands can match.

citizenrich likes this.
  4. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 12, 2015

I see allot of Yachts and large vessels ( from cruise ships to bulk cargo tankers) in my work and notice several of the more expensive yacht owners and ship Master's seem to have Ulysse Nardin,s. They have a nautical following that would probably outweigh most other brands.

DanOmega and citizenrich like this.
  5. Ru4scuba Feb 13, 2015

I believe the nautical following. I think their designs require a certain taste, I've looked at the brand often and never really found a model that sung to me...

citizenrich likes this.
  6. Alex_TA Feb 14, 2015

I like their Marine Manufacture but you should keep it forewer, because UN resale prices are very low.

DanOmega and citizenrich like this.
  7. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist Feb 14, 2015

High end. I have been tempted by many a vintage UN, but they seem to be among the most re-dialed brands in the vintage world. And even when I'm pretty confident it's not a re-dial, I'm usually not confident enough, because that boring "CHRONOMETER CO" font is so eminently imitable.

citizenrich likes this.