Forums Latest Members
  1. sumerian Gold Constellation Magpie Oct 5, 2014

Are there any do's and dont's on how to store the watches.

I believe not every watch you have is a daily runner, so what care do you guys take avoid transfer of any residue?
    do you guys use any specific type of watch boxes?

2. JM251 Oct 5, 2014

3. OmegaNoob Oct 5, 2014

I would be willing to sacrafice my wrist to assist you in rotating them! Especially that new de/grand luxe ... Yup, I know, I'm a giver...:whistling:

4. sumerian Gold Constellation Magpie Oct 5, 2014

Thanks for your gracious offer but I think i will look for cheaper alternatives ::bleh::

5. OmegaNoob Oct 5, 2014

Oh, I'm sorry if I wasn't clear! I'm happy to do it free of charge...out of the goodness of my heart :rolleyes:

6. ulackfocus Oct 5, 2014

Everyone needs to stop trying to barge in to my territory. :cautious:

So when is the thread about wine storage temperatures? I've got a theory about certain red wines that flies in the face of the experts, but I need a lab and some chemists to confirm it.

7. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Oct 5, 2014

I'll be your lab. It's not very scientific but if you send over a few bottles, I'm happy to test them for you;)

8. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 5, 2014

For watches like yours I think you can just put them in your pockets ::confused2::

9. John R Smith Oct 5, 2014

What I do, and it probably seems a bit over the top, is -

I never put any watch away without thoroughly cleaning it first. I use a high-grade non-abrasive guitar polish, cotton buds, cotton gloves, and a lint free cloth to finish off (I do the same with my guitars and cameras, actually, if I am putting them away for some time). Then, as has been said before, a stable temperature and an even humidity is required. The other essential, dark storage, is usually taken for granted if proper storage boxes are used.