Forums Latest Members

Do The Watch Gods Suffer From Triskaidekaphobia?

1. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Apr 10, 2015

I have a dilemma.

I started this year with the resolute intention of sticking to a focused list of "target" watches (other than projects). To help me keep focused, I lodged the list with Miss Moneypenny (@MMMD knows who I mean - he called her that) Now this year started with a list of 15 targets, some of which are once in a decade opportunities, but most are eminently achievable and one could be bought any day of the week.

Having bought the El Primero Rainbow Flyback, I have just sent off the money for another one, but that leaves 13 on the list :eek:. Miss Moneypenny tells me that I can't add to the list until 1st January 2016.

My question is, How unfavourable are the Gods likely to view this or should I appease them by grabbing one of the other, easier to get, watches asap?

2. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Apr 10, 2015

Which holds the most terrors for you? The fear of the number 13 or fear of the vexation of Miss Moneypenny?

3. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 10, 2015

Have you made a worthy sacrifice to the Watch Gods??

4. ulackfocus Apr 10, 2015

Chocolate. The Watch Gods LOVE chocolate. Open the front door and throw a few chunks out, then go to the back door and repeat. It might help to hold a hard copy of your target list while doing this sacrifice.

5. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Apr 10, 2015

And keep Miss Moneypenny away from the chocolate! They will not forgive that!

6. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 10, 2015

You have to get down to the lucky no 8 to appease the Gods now. Hurry

7. lillatroll Apr 11, 2015

I have the same problem but I was stupid and said it was one watch a year, I have bought three so far. My only saviour is that I get them sent to my brother as I live in the middle east and I don't trust the post service here.