Forums Latest Members
  1. Ghanniman Jun 26, 2017

One of my coworkers has a Rolex deep sea and he just got it back from DLC'ing it, and I have to say it looks amazing. I am just wondering what you guys think, and is there any negatives to it, other than the obvious warrantee issue.

Also I was wondering if anyone knew any good reputable places (preferably in Canada) that will do it. I ask this as my coworker lives in UK and had it done there.

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jun 26, 2017

Issues.... killls resale value... flavor of the month... can scratch...

3. Trev The Architect Staff Member Jun 26, 2017

I was never personally a fan of DLC until I saw the finish in person on a Rolex, it's really quite nice (and surprisingly durable). The DLC on my Apple watch bracelet has stood up well to some pretty nasty abuse, I haven't been kind to it.

That's the only one I don't agree with. It's the most effective way to black-out a watch, so I don't think it's going to disappear any time soon.

Foo2rama likes this.
  4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jun 26, 2017

Idk the guys out of the U.K. Doing it to new subs and Daytonas, had pretty bad resale value on their watches. They offered warranty and some other options. The few I saw being resold seemed at a discount.

Bamford was there name.

5. Trev The Architect Staff Member Jun 26, 2017

Yeah, probably only becomes viable if you REALLY want a blacked out watch (and I'd assume quite a few do). A fairly permanent personal customization.

Foo2rama likes this.
  6. simon.pearl Jun 27, 2017

I've seen a dlc seamaster before, personally I thought it was amazing! I don't know about Canada but Jack at IWW does amazing work, he did the seamaster I saw.

7. Willem023 Jun 27, 2017

Nah, a watch should be worn or not.
    If you wear it: the wear and tear gives it character.

8. Ghanniman Jun 27, 2017

I understand some people don't want it, so it decreases the resale value, but I don't plan on selling it.

I looked at jack at IWW and yeah I agree, his work looks bang on.

The scratching is a concern, because to repair the scratch you have to redo it all. The price list for jack to get it done was close to $1500USD if I remember correctly. My coworker is wearing his in Mali right now though, so I don't think they scratch often