Forums Latest Members
  1. MaximosChalkos Aug 29, 2022

Hello everyone,

Looking at bidding on this watch, any red flags? The crystal clearly must have been replaced, but everything else appears okay (definitely some wear, but if I wanted pristine I'd go to an AD or reputable jeweler) to my untrained eye. Bracelet looks to be oyster from what I can see. I have attached some photos.

What kind of price range would you target for this, if you bid at all? I don't think I'd be willing to go much over $4,000 for it.

Rolex 1.jpg Rolex 2.jpg Rolex 3.jpg ROLEX 4.jpg ROLEX 5.jpg ROLEX 6.jpg ROLEX 7.jpg ROLEX 8.jpg rolex 9.jpg
  2. Dan S Aug 29, 2022

The hands are luminova replacements, which I don't like. Otherwise looks ok to me. The oyster is not correct for the fluted bezel version, but that really shouldn't affect the value. I think it might be hard to win it for $4k, but I don't really know (I generally focus on acrylic references), maybe that price is about right given the wear to the case.

Edited Aug 29, 2022
  3. MaximosChalkos Aug 29, 2022

Thank you for the response. How can you tell the hands are replacements? Wouldn't have noticed that. I wish it had a jubilee but it contributes to the lower price target for me, along with the cyclopsless crystal and wear of the case.

4. johnireland Aug 30, 2022

Missing the cyclops. $5500 to $6500 range.

5. Dan S Aug 30, 2022

Having looked at quite a few of these, the lume in the hands is bright white and smooth in a way that screams luminova to me. A UV shot would make it more obvious of course, but I'm pretty sure.

As I said, the bracelet doesn't affect the price. In fact, the oyster is more valuable. You can sell the 78360 and buy a 62510 and turn a profit.

Not helpful. You are apparently accustomed to dealer asking prices. This is an auction.

Scarecrow Boat likes this.
  6. MaximosChalkos Aug 30, 2022

So it's the color of the lume on the hands? Funny, I hadn't even considered selling the oyster--it definitely makes a difference.