District Time March 2-3 casual G2G?

Hi everyone!

The annual District Time show is coming up in a few weeks. It's almost entirely smaller independent and microbrands making it a great opportunity to talk watches with brand owners directly and see things that don't appear in traditional brick n mortar stores.

https://www.dcwatchshow.com/

For anyone that's planning on attending, how about a meetup of some sort? Show hours are 11-4 so maybe a breakfast before and / or dinner after on Saturday and / or Sunday?

What's the general preference? If there's enough interest in different days and times, we could have several smaller gatherings. Usual social media blackout rules would apply but this would be more of a casual event than the official G2G meets.

There's casual places like Shake Shack and Teaism as well more "pinkies out" places like Jaleo and Rasika all within walking distance of the show.

@TrboDieselPwrd is already on board - we've been cahooting something like this for a minute.

(I don't have any official connection with the show, just a delighted patron)

-jeremy OLW

Like 3
I wish that I could attend, but unfortunately I'm scheduled to be out of town for that weekend. Great idea, though, and thanks for sharing. I'll look forward to hearing the post show report!

I'm definitely down for this and it looks like it's a pretty good lineup of brands this year too. Penn Quarter/Gallery Place/Chinatown has a lot of food/hangout options.

Perhaps we can switch to email/PM a la Mid-Atlantic G2G once we get a consensus. I'm happy to help coordinate.

That's a bummer @gbesq -- we'll try to remember to snap some pics!

Edit: Preference is for Saturday but could do either day.

I am going to try to make it by on Saturday for an hour or two in the afternoon.

Like 1
Giving this a gentle bump for the upcoming weekend. There's a small contingent of us interested in attending Saturday afternoon with possible hangout/dinner afterwards.

If you're interested in meeting up, send @OldLineWatches and myself a PM and we can coordinate.

This sounds like fun. Unfortunately, my wife is sick and the kids have pediatrician appointment this Saturday.

Maybe next year!

Like 2
Kid's soccer game Saturday morning and a dinner with some relatives early Saturday evening. I could attend something on Sunday, or possibly catch up for any after dinner drinking on Saturday.

Another place to consider is Zaytinya. It has a nice bar area plus a lot of seating. We ate there recently and the food and service were back to how great it was pre-Covid. It's best to avoid them prior to Caps or Wizards games though, as the place gets packed.

Like 2
Hey, sorry I lost track of this. I wish I could, have to work all weekend.

I'd love to be in the loop about future meetups though. I hope y'all have a good time!

Like 1