Forums Latest Members
  1. jfwoodman May 28, 2014

Following up on Lou's "paternity test" comparison of the A277 and the DeLuca I, here's a quick comparison of more distant relations.

The DeLuca I below just arrived today from Italy. I happened to be wearing my Zenith TV - so here's a quick iPhone shot of the distant cousins.

Cheers,
    Jim

[​IMG]image

Dogmann and Gavin like this.
  2. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. May 28, 2014

Very nice addition. So different yet so simlar.

3. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member May 28, 2014

what a great example of the Fernseher.

4. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe May 28, 2014

The square one is soo funky. But give the DeLuca to me.......

5. m neuman What, me worry? May 29, 2014

Nice DeLuca, an underrated timepiece

6. jfwoodman May 30, 2014

I agree. I'm enjoying it so far. Attractive vintage style, very comfortable, and the EP movement to boot. Another shot from today. This is going to get some serious wrist time.

[​IMG]

7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 30, 2014

What's the going rate like for a De Luca in that kind of clean condition?

8. jfwoodman May 30, 2014

Hard to say, but I saw examples in the $3700-$4200 range.

9. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member May 31, 2014

A bit steep, as I read prices on these. For 3700 and up, it should really be an excellent example with bracelet.

The DeLuca I is an excellent all-rounder, the Primero to pick up when you can't make up your mind which Primero to wear, right for all situations short of a formal event.

10. jfwoodman May 31, 2014

Lou, I totally agree on the "all-rounder" description. I said that to my son when I showed it to him. Compared to most of my other vintage pieces (mainly Heuers, Omegas, Zeniths) the De Luca works in just about any situation. I expect to keep it for quite a while for that reason.

I was fortunate to find an excellent example on bracelet with original box. The Mark I's seem most desirable (at least they are for me), and those were the prices I saw the last couple months (and currently on Chrono24 / dealer pricing). Just haven't seen many private deals on these lately. Seems prices on all vintage Zeniths have been rapidly on the rise, even "recent vintage" like these 1989 era De Lucas. Kind of like housing prices here in the SF Bay Area...increasingly uncomfortable, but if you want one, you pay the price, cause you don't know if they will be cheaper any time soon.

11. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member May 31, 2014