Forums Latest Members

Discounts Expectations from a London AD

1. watchos Jun 11, 2018

I am looking to buy three watches when visiting London a month from now. I started contacting a
    ADs that sell the three brands I am looking for: Rolex, Cartier and Tag. What type of discount should I expect, if any in this type of transaction?

Contacting a few sellers that have all three brands to get the best possible quote.

2. tyrantlizardrex Jun 11, 2018

If you bought all three from the same one, you might get 10%... will depend on the models you want.

watchos likes this.
  3. sjg22 Jun 11, 2018

There is tale of you needing to buy three watches just to be given the “opportunity” to purchase a stainless steel sports model from a Rolex AD, so don’t expect much if any discount if one of the three you’re after is a steel Daytona, Sub or GMT.

bonerp and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  4. rkman11 Jun 11, 2018

Can’t speak to London, but I was offered tax off - so basically 10% in LA on a Sub at an AD. Without even trying, really. Don’t think they’re flying off the shelves as fast anymore - excluding new releases and of course Daytonas, so ADs are adjusting.

watchos likes this.
  5. The Father Went out for smokes in ‘78 not seen since Jun 11, 2018

10%?
    Watch peddlers that tight when purchasing multiple high end watches?

watchos likes this.
  6. watchos Jun 11, 2018

10% would be great. The Rolex is going to be a Rolex Explorer 1. Hopefully it's not one of those that they limit too much.

Thanks to all for your feedback.

7. hotwheels Jun 13, 2018

Contact www.iconicwatches.co.uk not in London but will courier to you next day, should do you a decent discount if they have stock I have had 20% off rrp on easily sourced models, you should do ok with explorer but forget discounts on other stainless sports Rolex

watchos and Adamtrigg10 like this.
  8. Exiztence Jun 13, 2018

Explorer 1 should be fine, it is one of those readily available even in UK.

9. neilbardsley Thought about a Speedy, got a Speedy Jun 13, 2018

What is an AD? Is it a retail shop? I doubt you will get much of a discount. Contact some trusted sellers ahead of time and I'm sure they can source something for you better than you can get in a shop. Two people I know, although I'm sure there are many others, are Jason Graham and Nic Green who had good Rolex/Heuer inventory.

10. tyrantlizardrex Jun 13, 2018

AD is Authorised Distributor.

Discounts are out there, just not typically on models that are easy to sell/sell themselves.

neilbardsley likes this.
  11. neilbardsley Thought about a Speedy, got a Speedy Jun 13, 2018

Thank you I thought AD after Christ!

12. watchos Jun 13, 2018

Thanks for the heads up. Will reach out. They weren't on my radar.