Forums Latest Members

Disappointed in Rado (Feeling Better Now)

1. Buckeyes#1 Things come with instructions? May 20, 2016

I was at the end of a 25 mile ride at the beginning of the month when the bezel of my Rado Original Diver fell off. No reason what so ever. Just f::censored::n fell off.

I slammed on the brakes to pick it up and...of course I forgot to unclip from the pedals...fell over and cracked a rib. Mother f::censored::er.

image.jpeg

Well at least it was under warranty.

I sent it in to Rado, and I got it back today.

I open up the package inspected the bezel. All looked good except... The damn thing wouldn't run. ::censored::

Looking closely, the second hand was bent, preventing it from running. How in the world could this happen when the only thing that needs to be done was reattaching a bezel.

image.jpeg

Look, we all make mistakes, but the main thing that a watch does is run and tell time. Wouldn't someone have noticed that this one doesn't do either before sending it back to me?

Wetworks, ConElPueblo and OMGRLX like this.
  2. Bushido May 20, 2016

That's really really bad QC. Sorry to hear. I hope the rib is healing up well at least?

OMGRLX likes this.
  3. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months May 20, 2016

Tudor males good watches. nice, simple cases and dials, ETA movements.. easy peasy. ;)

Buckeyes#1 likes this.
  4. Buckeyes#1 Things come with instructions? May 21, 2016

Agreed. This would never happen to my Tudor.

RCAFBuster likes this.
  5. leetse2 May 21, 2016

That really sucks. It really surprises me that some brands have such poor service and quality. Good luck!

6. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector May 21, 2016

The watch looks cool without the Bezel......

chronos likes this.
  7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 21, 2016

Did they do a full service? I ask because the hand is clearly not bent in the first photo...

Any damage to the box when it was returned to you?

Bezel is just held on by a plastic gasket, so I would note where it is in relation to the crystal now that it's on and fully seated, and keep an eye on it in the future.

Cheers, Al

8. Flingit1200s May 21, 2016

Seiko ;)

Fritz likes this.
  9. ulackfocus May 21, 2016

Actually, a bent second hand could happen to any brand. It's the watchmaker who worked on it at Rado, not Rado the corporation. An independent could have just as easily made that error.

Humans still work on most products in some capacity so human error will always be part of the education.

Of course, humans buy these products too so there will still be bitching on the internet whenever shit happens. I know I've done it.

10. Buckeyes#1 Things come with instructions? May 21, 2016

No damage to the box at all.
    I'm not sure how it happened, but it must have at their end. As far as I know, they didn't do anything internal.

11. TNTwatch May 21, 2016

Looks like the second hand is stuck under the rotating internal bezel. Probably they took out the movement, dial and hands combination before reattaching the external shroud/bezel, but must have forgotten to check the hands when reinstalling. Hopefully not, but the second hand may be damaged now and needs to be replaced.

12. Buckeyes#1 Things come with instructions? May 21, 2016

I would agree.

13. Buckeyes#1 Things come with instructions? May 21, 2016

To be fair, it could have happened when I shipped it to them. No way of knowing.
    It's covered under warranty, so in the end it really doesn't matter. It will get fixed, and not at my cost.
    I just wish they would have checked to see if it was working before it left the service center.

14. bearintheair May 21, 2016

Such a drag and a pain in the ass. Hope you get it fixed quickly.

15. EtherMan May 21, 2016

I was thinking the same thing. It might look better without the big shroud.

16. roel1955 May 22, 2016

Bad service with rado

17. robocaspar May 22, 2016

The watch does look nice with a bezel lol. Sorta like a seamaster soccer time chronograph

18. ulackfocus May 22, 2016

Thanks for the recap PostFarmer Roel.

West Slope, Andreas and Archer like this.
  19. Buckeyes#1 Things come with instructions? Jul 1, 2016

I just received my watch back from Rado. I would hate to be that guy who only posts when things go bad, so I would like to provide an update.

All is fixed and running well! :thumbsup:
    I know I must be getting old when I expect a fight to get things done, but all went well.
    Thank you Rado for making things easy in the end.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

West Slope, Jonatan and alam like this.