Forums Latest Members
  1. rexquando65 Feb 1, 2017

Hello. Is this dirt or patina? If dirt should I try to have cleaned? Thanks!

OMEGA.jpg
  2. DON Feb 1, 2017

Sorry, but thats crap. Looks like someone already tried to clean it and got in over their heads.

De Ville name gone. Many minute marker index lines gone. Dial too far gone to clean

Stuff around the indexes. Probably the old lacquer finish that wasn't removed

Based on Condition now. I would look for a replacement dial or have this one refinished

Can't tell the condition of the hands, but if they're bad. Replace them if you refinish the dial

DON

3. sxl2004 Feb 1, 2017

+1
    That would be a nice restoration project to learn more about watchmaking.

4. rexquando65 Feb 1, 2017

I really love the watch. Runs great, omega crown and crystal, just hard to look at. Any suggestions where I could pick up a replacement dial? 34.5mm case.

Thanks again.

5. DON Feb 1, 2017

Thats a linen dial and also the indexes have more a design than standard DeVille dials. Going to be a tough find.

I would refinish this one as you probably won't find a similar replacement

DON

6. MPWATCH Watch Lover Feb 2, 2017

Not consistent as true patina would be through out the dial. If you search "Tropical" through out the forum using the search function in the upper right corner of the website UI, you'll find a wealth of examples that show how proper aging and discoloration can bring value to a piece.

This should be passed IMO due to lack of consistency, as another user mentioned it looks as if someone already tried to take on the cleaning challenge and failed. Missing factory indexes or signatures are of concern as well. All mentioned by previous posts, best of luck in your search!

Happy Hunting,

Thomas

7. Pvt-Public Feb 2, 2017

That will buff right out. ::bleh::::facepalm2::